Reality Ever After 35

The next morning, there was silence again in the household. Lacey and Grey prepared breakfast for everyone telling the maids that they'll just call them.

"Manang, it's the least thing we can do right now for Mommy. We'll do it how Mommy did it." The old woman nodded to the twins' statement and assisted them on what they needed.

Sophie went down already dressed up for work. She drank a glass of milk and was about to leave when Aga came. Fresh from bath and black circles under his eyes.

"Sophie, stay. Eat breakfast with us." Aga said.

"Tatay, please... I can't." Sophie pleaded. The moment she'll see her mother she wouldn't lie that she's gonna cry.

"Please. For Nanay." Aga said and made Lea's coffee on her favorite mug.

Then there's silence again.

While stirring the coffee, they saw tears from Aga. His head bowed, eyes fixed on the coffee. "I know you cannot bear seeing your Mom in this state and so am I. She is my wife and it hurts me that every night when I hear her cries. She said countless of sorries for all of us. Sorry because she won't be able to help you, Sophie at the company. Sorry, Grey because she can no longer be your book buddy and help you review for exams. Sorry, Lacey for she won't be able to help you choose a new dress or watch with you the newest korean novela. And sorry because she can no longer be the best wife." And there, Aga lost it.

"We all know that no matter what happens that she's the best. She clearly has no idea how blessed we are to have her. Nothing will change, Lea is still my wife and she's still your mother. Help me out here, please. If you can, spend time with her. Hindi niyo siya kailangan kausapin, just be there beside her and make her feel that she's still Mommy. She's still Nanay. Paningin lang nawala and we'll do everything for her, right? Kung pwede ko lang tanggalin kagabi yung mga mata ko tapos ibigay sakanya ginawa ko na." Aga said. He wiped his tears and composed his self again. "But I can't. Hindi match yung mga mata ko sa kanya." He kissed all of them on their foreheads and went upstairs telling them after 30 minutes he'll be back for breakfast with Lea.

Sophie can only sigh and look at what's happening in their home. She just helped Grey and Lacey to prepare for breakfast, making green juice for the three of them and coffee for Aga.

"We're proud of you, Ate. Thank you for stepping up." Lacey said and hugged her.

"We're sure that Mom and Dad are proud of you also. It's just that maybe the past few weeks have been pretty stressful for all of us." Grey said and smiled at her.

"Thank you, guys. I know it had been tough but we'll get through this, right? Nanay didn't raised weak kids." Sophie said and opened her arms for the both.

»»»

It has been quiet since that night. Lea's family has been asking for updates about her condition especially the siblings that are currently abroad that promised to go home for Lea.

On the other hand, Aga's side was always there everyday. Supporting and guiding them along the way. Kulang nalang ay doon na sila lahat matulog sa bahay. Ford and Kath were the ones who decided to look out for the family of five. Ford entertaining the kids whenever he'll feel that the cloud is suffocating them again and Kath helping them with their studies just like how Lea did it.

"I miss Mommy, Uncle Ford." Lacey confessed while they are doing their assignments at the study room.

"I miss her corny jokes. I miss how loud her laughs are and how she would smile every time she picks us up at school or when she comes home. Mas gugustuhin ko pang pagalitan na niya ako ngayon because I'm cramming for a project." Grey said while he stares at Lea's photo at Aga's desk.