Presentations

I hate presentations, I hate getting up in the middle of class and saying shit nobody cares about. My voice cracks on the simplest words and I shake nonstop. And of course, my Social Studies teacher, Mrs. Turner, loves them. And to my luck, my crush is in my class. Having to take nervously damn near every two weeks in front of him is embarrassing. I've gotten better though. I don't say as much 'uhhms' or 'ands' anymore. My voice shakes a little less and I just stare at one person. (C/N). He always smiles at me and it makes me smile back.
      Today, we have to present about the civil war. Why its significant and how it started and blah blah blah. The fuck we need to do this for? Why can't she just teach it? Whatever. It was my turn, I always volunteer to be the first five to get over with it. Tip, always go first or be the first five, you'll feel great afterwards.
"My presentation is about the Civil War" i say looking at everyone as the projection lights up behind me, a little shaky. Damn, they already knew that, they're doing the same thing. I look at (C/N) and he smiles. He's so cute. I smile back and with a little more confidence, I say my next line, and the next, and the next until its over.
     When I'm done, the class claps, I look around one last time, nobody was smiling, some where nervous because they had to present to, but (C/N) was still smiling. Clapping more than the others. When I was walking back to my seat, he goes "Good job, you did so good."
   "Thank you, but I think I did a lil' bad," I reply laughing. He laughs to and tells the teacher he wants to go next. When she approves he stands up enthusiastic about his project and I laugh in return. When I sit down, I watch him prepare for his speech. "My name is (C/N) and this is my presentation." I clap while others just sit. He smiles widely at me and continues.
      After he presentation, I tell him he did good. He thanks me and stands there nervously. "Whats up?" I ask curiously. "Oh nothing I-I was just wondering if you would go out with me to lunch this weekend?" He says clenching his jaw and closing his eyes tightly . "Uh duh," I say low-key, but I was high-key super happy in my head. "Oh! Really?" He says opening his eyes again. "Yeah of course, you're cute and funny" I say being a little too bold smirking in the process. "Well I'll pick you up this Saturday at 5?" He asks waiting for approval.  "5 it is," I say reassuring him. Right after I say that, the bell rings. "See you tomorrow," he replies with a smile. I smile and wave in return packing my things. As he leaves the rooms, I hear a loud "YES!" I chuckle, he's too cute. And now I have a date this Saturday.