Lost Dog

It was a beautiful summer afternoon. I was sitting on my porch, home alone, and bored as usual. I had nothing to do, and I realized my friends are fake resulting in no fun this summer.
'What am I going to do?' I thought.  My thoughts were interrupted when I saw a humongous, grey Great Dane running towards me at full speed. Panic took over as my first immediate black person thought was
'Bitch go in the house!'
But it was too late for that. The dog was already in my face. I threw my hands in front of my face from a possible attack, but it didn't bite me, it just stood there, breathing heavily.
"Well you aren't as mean as you look, are you?" I say in a baby like voice.  I pet its soft, grey fur, as it's eyes closed like it was in heaven, continuing to breath at a fast pace.
I noticed it's blue collar had a dog bone shaped tage attached to it. I looked at the tag and it said
'Duke'.
"Well hello Duke, you're very pretty," I said with the same baby talk voice. I turned the tag around hoping for a number to call, and fortunately, there was one engraved in white writing. I wanted to get my phone that was in the house, but i didn't want the dog to run away again.
"C'mon pretty boy, we're going in the house" 
————
Walking in the kitchen, I grabbed an clear, plastic tupperware container and filled it up with water for Duke to drink out of. I set the water on the ground and he ran over and immediately drank the cold water. All that running must've made him dehydrated, he is a big dog.
I grabbed my phone, and opened the phone app.
"Wait what was the number?"
"Duke come here," I cooed. He came immediately and sat right in-front of me when he reached me. He's a very obedient dog, I wonder why he ran away. I checked the number on the again, typing it in my phone. After I was done, I pressed the call button and put it to my ear.
"Hello, who is this?" It was the voice of an older women's voice. She sounded very caucasian like.
"Hi I'm Y/N L/N and I just found a missing grey, great dane and this number was on it's tag.
"Oh lord, he got out? I told you C/N wouldn't keep an eye out for him!" She sounded like she was talking to someone else in the background.
"Oh i'm sorry dear, I was talking to my husband. We're in Canada (A/N: if you live in Canada think of a different country) on a business trip and we told our obviously irresponsible sixteen year old son to watch our dog because Duke is only six months and in the middle of his training! I'm so sorry," She exclaimed, obviously upset with this "C/N" guy.
"whoa, this dog is only six months?"
"Oh haha, it's okay he's very sweet, and I'm glad he didn't go into the wrong hands, he's a very beautiful dog," I reply.
"Thank you, I have to go to a
meeting in about fifteen minutes, so I'll send you my sons number so he can pick the dog up."
"Ok, that sounds great, goodbye"
"Goodbye, and thank you again."
"There son is sixteen? I'm sixteen!" (A/N: Sorry if you're not 16, i just needed an appropriate age for them to be able to drive by themselves)
———-
Two minutes later, I heard my phone make the texting sound. It was the same number I just called sending me a new one. Obviously the sons number. I texted back a quick "thank you."
Hopefully they told him who I was because I don't want him to be confused. I don't know why I was so nervous, I think since finding out he was the same age, I was hoping that he was cute. I have been feeling a little more confident lately, so hopefully he thought I was pretty. But it's pretty rare out here for white boys to like black girls here. I sighed and started the text message.
"Hey, this is Y/N L/N, the girl who found your dog. Heres my address so you can pick up your dog.
*attached address*"
About three minutes later, I got a text back.
"Thank you, I know who you are haha my parents told me. Sorry for getting you into this mess."
Ok he's not that much of a dry texter but he can work on it.
"It's okay, your dog is so nice, makes me want one!" I reply.
"Haha, he is nice, thanks, but i'll be over in about twenty minutes, your house is only about fifteen minutes away. See you there"
"Ok see you then, bye," I type while jumping up and down.
"I hope your owners hot," I say to Duke, petting him gently.
——————
twenty-one minutes later

I was sitting on the couch, while Duke sits on the floor, we hear a knock on the door and both immediately get up. I fix my box braids so they sit symmetrically on my head and put a smile on my face while opening the door. My face turns into a slight 'O' as I see the masterpiece in front of my eyes. He was looking at his phone, which a dog leash in the other hand as he looked up slowly, shock on his face as he looks at me.
"He's so hot"
I guess he thought the same thing because he was looking at me in awe.
"I- I i'm uhh," he stammered while blush toke over his pale/tan skin, dropping the leash.
"I'm sorry you're just very pretty," he says in a low tone, still staring into my eyes.
I was flattered as I rubbed my light/brown/dark skin in embarrassment for staring.
"Thank you," I say quietly.
Duke decided to ruin the moment, letting out a loud bark, making me knock out of my trance.
"Um here's your dog."
I moved out of the way so the dog is in view. He broke out of his trance and picked up the leash, attaching it to Dukes collar and pet his dog as I stood there awkwardly.
"Hi Duke, I'm sorry I didn't watch you," he said while laughing. I laughed with him as he brought his attention back to me.
"Um.. Oh shit, I'm sorry I forgot the money my mom told me to give you," he says obviously upset.
In that moment, I felt bold and confident.
"Its now or never, Y/N, go!"
"How about instead of money, you take me on a date?" I reply with a grin.
He blushed again, surprised at my boldness.
"Yeah ok, that would be awesome," he agreed.
"ok, i'll see you this weekend then? I can text you since your parent's gave me your number," I laugh happily.
"y-yeah, um thats fine, i cant wait."
"Ok see you this weekend," I say while watching him walk back to his car.
He puts Duke in the backseat, closes the door and opens the drivers seat door. Before he gets
in, he looks back up and yells
"I'm really excited, don't forget to text me beautiful"
"I won't, bye," I reply, shutting the door
My body leans against the door, sliding down until I hit the floor.
"Did I just get a possible boyfriend?"