v.

I'd started to notice these small things about Dev.

I had noticed and printed into my brain how Dev would furrow his eyebrows just slightly when he was concentrated, how one of his dimples would show when he gave me a shy smile, how his nose crinkled when he laughed and how his face would get this angelic glow in just the right lighting.

Of course, there were many more things about Dev that I had noticed, but I don't want to list all of them since it would take too long.

Dev and I were cuddling. My arms were protectively around him and my legs were tangled with his. His head was resting on my chest and his pretty eyes were closed. I loved cuddling with Dev, still do. Dev was like an oversized teddy bear that would cling to you when you hug him.

I listened to Dev's soft breathing and relished in the feeling of being in this boy's arms.

I'd never felt like this. My heart had never skipped a beat when someone smiled at me the way Dev did - that could be because no one ever had smiled like he had, at least not at me. I had never smiled for no absolute reason while talking to someone nor had I ever felt this protective over anyone as I felt over this boy.

What are you doing to me, Dev?

That was something I asked frequently. Obviously I never asked him verbally, I wouldn't want to creep him out or anything. Did I like-like him?

I decided to worry about that later and hugged the tiny boy closer to me. Soon, I could feel myself drifting off to sleep.

I welcomed it.