xii.

I had been smiling non stop while at home after Dev and I got together. I just couldn't believe that someone like him would even like me. I was so happy and it showed.

"You've been smiling an awful lot these past few days. What's got you so happy, son?" My father asked, placing his hand on top of my head and messing up my hair.

"You remember Dev?" I asked and the old man nodded, "well I confessed to him and we're boyfriends now."

My father's eyes widened and his lips formed a smile, "Really? I'm happy for you son," he said, but I felt a but coming.

"But, I'm going to have to meet the guy so I know for sure he's good for you." There it is.

"Sure dad. I can text him to see if he wants to eat lunch with us."

"You do that, son."

I pulled out my phone and sent my boyfriend a text. He answered almost immediately with a yes.

We would meet at one of the few diners here in town.

...

My father and I sat in one of the booths at the diner waiting for Dev to arrive. When the door opened and I saw the familiar face of my love, I smiled and waved him over, getting up to kiss him on the cheek.

"You must be Dev," said my father while getting up to shake my boyfriend's hand.

Dev smiled and nodded, "Yeah. It's great to meet you mr.--" He was cut off by my father,

"Tom. Just call me Tom."

Dev nodded once again and we sat down. Dev left his crutches to lean on the side of the booth.

The three of us kept a good conversation going while we ate, making jokes and just messing around.

"So Dev," my father started, "if you don't mind me asking, what's up with your crutches? You don't look like you need them."

Oh God.

"Oh, they're there to help me walk around with less pain. I was in a car accident and got injured pretty badly. I can still walk but it's incredibly painful to do so without a bit of help and for a long time," Dev explained, his smile faltering slightly. I placed a hand on his thigh comfortingly and he gave me a small smile before intertwining his hand with mine.

We finished eating and my father smiled at the two of us, "Well, after this lunch I can happily say that I think you are a perfect fit for my son and you clearly love him dearly which is all I want."

"Welcome to the family, Dev."

---

Heyyy what did you think of this one?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

LOVE YOU! *mhwah*