Chapter 9: Let me down slowly

A/N: So my SO got me into Alec Benjamin, so good job sweetie. I'm proud of you.

Could you find a way to let me down slowly?

Ryuji wipes the tears away before Shima came home, he hears Shima's loud outburst in the room and sighed. "Hey Bon! How are you?" Shima smiled as he wrapped his arm around Ryuji's shoulders. "I'm doing okay. Now get off me!" Ryuji yelled as he got Shima's arm off him.

"Alright, you don't have to be all cranky. Sheesh." Shima holds his hands up in surrender and went to his side of the room. Shima wondered what got his best friend's anger, he couldn't tell why. 'Hell even if I asked he won't tell me.' Shima thought and read a magazine he hid under his bed. He would bother Ryuji tomorrow with questions.

***

Rin smiled to himself as he woke up late, as usual, he turned to see Yukio's bed empty and sighed. His little brother was either at school or on an exorcist mission, Rin got up and got ready for school.

Once Rin finally came to class, apologizing to the teacher and waving to Sei who shyly waved back. Rin sat next to him as the class started, Sei paid attention to class occasionally helping his new boyfriend understand the lesson when he asked.

Boyfriend, a word Sei wasn't familiar with but it was nice. Sei smiled softly to himself as he watched Rin's facial expression change. The class seems to go by fast and lunch came by, Sei followed Rin to where the rest of the gang was. Sei waved at the five other people and saw half of them wave back.

"So guys, we have to tell you something," Rin stated, the Kyoto trio and the girls looked at Rin. "What do you mean by that?" Shiemi asked taking a bit off her lunch. "Well...." Rin trailed off as he thought about what to say next. Izumo looked at him, her patience warring thin. "About what?" She asked the boys stayed silent wondering the same thing.

Sei cleared his throat, "Me and Rin are together." Everyone gasp except Ryuji, the other started asking typical questions such as "how did you get together?" And Shima's question "Who tops and who bottoms?" Which earned a backhand slap from Ryuji and a punch from Izumo.

"Ow." Shima rubbed his head, Sei chuckled at the reaction while Rin just rolled his eyes. "I'm not gonna answer that Shima. We just started dating." Rin mumbled as he got closer to Sei. Rin noticed that Ryuji was staring up in space wondering about something. Rin walked around the table to him. "Hey Bon? You okay?" Rin asked shaking Ryuji slightly. Ryuji pauses for a minute. "Yeah, I'm fine."

Ryuji put his arm around Rin. "And congrats on getting a boyfriend. I'm happy for you." Ryuji gave Rin a small smile. "Thanks Bon, I'm glad that you accept us." Ryuji was taken back by the statement. "What the hell is that suppose to mean?" Rin awkwardly laughed before answering. "Honestly I thought you were homophobic because you didn't respond."

Ryuji shook his head in disappointment. "Why the fuck would you think I was homophobic? Whatever no hard feelings, I'll let this go for now." Ryuji looked away as he feel his chest hurt. Konekomaru noticed his smile fall from his face after Rin left him alone. He just hopes that Ryuji doesn't do anything stupid because of this heartbreak.

Don't cut me down, throw me out, leave me here to waste
I once was a man with dignity and grace
Now I'm slipping through the cracks of your cold embrace
So please, please

If you leaving, find a way to let me down slowly