Chapter 10: Radioactive

A/N: Do to all the supporting and funny comments this week, I decided to update for you guys.

Sei feels content with Rin by his side for 2 months now. The two share small dates here and there during the week when Rin wasn't busy with exorcist jobs. The same could go for Rin as he feels happy with Sei by his side and he wished the old man was here to meet them. The two were okay with each other as they cuddled together on Rin's bed at the old abandoned dorms he and his brother called home.

"Sei, can I ask you something?" Rin asked lying on Sei's lap and put down one of his romantic mangas. "Sure Rin," Sei said quickly as he was more focused on Rin's soft navy hair.

"Can I meet your parents?"

Sei paused his actions; he looked around the room to avoid seeing Rin's face. Sei didn't really think about his parents since he was busy and his parents understood that. Yet, if they found out Sei was dating a guy. Sei would be yelled out and forced to break up with Rin because studies were more important than friends and love. Sei can't let that happen and he was gonna make damn sure of it.

"Rin, my parents are... complicated. I don't think this will be the best time." Sei explained. Rin sat up and turned to look at his sad boyfriend. "How come?" Rin asked as he felt his anger rise. Sei sighed. "Godaīn please, talk to me." Rin gently said as he touch Sei's hand. ".... My parents aren't the most supporting and I know they will say some horrid stuff about you. Please give me time before I'll let them meet you." Sei replied carefully. Sei hated sugar coating how harsh his parents actually were towards Sei's date and their financial status.

Rin looked into Sei's eyes for a moment. He wanted to ask more questions, but he saw how uncomfortable Sei was as he become stiff as wood. Rin decided to let it go for now. "Okay."

Such a simple word, yet it had so much meaning to it. Sei hears the disappointment and frustration in his voice as the topic is dropped. Sei felt himself breathing easier and put his head on Ron's shoulder. "Thank you." Sei whispers earning a small "hmm" from Rin. Sei needed to get ready for this one day but now was not the time. He didn't want to deal with his parents for now for a while. Not until he was ready. A little selfish of him, yes, for a good reason. Sei kept telling himself that for the rest of the day.

When the night falls, Sei leaves Rin before Yukio came home back to his dorm. His heart felt radioactive looking at dorm room again. He walked away from the building, the ever so feeling of dread following him back. Sei felt terrible hiding Rin from his parents and society , however, both of them are cruel to people like him and as he wished he could ignore it. It was for the best to be a secret and keep Rin safe no matter what.