Jennifer or Jenn?

Chapter Eight - Jennifer or Jenn?

I awoke with a start the next morning after have quite a strange dream. Jack and I were playing exploding snap and I got a bit to into it and accidently blew his head off. I think this is a sign not to play snap with him. Merlin I'm nervous I reckon this is why I had the weird dream. Today I had to spend the whole day with Jack and then I had to go to a 'formal meal' fan-bloody-tastic. So here's the question should I be Jennifer of Jen with jack. I know what you're thinking. Aren't they the same person? Well no they are not Jennifer will prance around in heels and will wear a dress with her hair down; she'll smile politely and make nice safe conversation. Jenn however plays Quidditch and always has her hair up and never wears dresses. Jenn won't fake what she is feeling if Jenn is happy then you know and if she's mad then you know it and it is advisable to run. There's all the difference in the world between the two people. I think Jennifer for Mrs LaPaine but I think Jack will have the pleasure of meeting Jenn. I smiled as I got dressed in the clothes that mother had deemed appropriate for me to wear and made my way down stairs for breakfast with our guests. Walking into the conservatory I was greeted by my mother and Mrs LaPaine who commented on how she loved my outfit. I smiled at her and returned the compliment don't ask me what I said it was something mother had programmed into me at birth. The whole affair of breakfast was over in an hour after Father and Mr LaPaine joined us closely followed by Jack. After every last sausage was eaten Father announced "Mrs Bayles that was lovely but the French Minister and I really must be off" Father stood up as the Mr LaPaine followed him after thanking Mrs Bayles also she really was a good cook.

Mother then turned to me and said "Jennifer I would if you could show jack around the grounds while Annabel and I go shopping" anything to get out of shopping. "I would be delighted Mother" I replied my smile thick "Follow me Jack. Have a good time shopping Mrs LaPaine" see mother all those years of training have not gone to waste. Mrs LaPaine smiled at me and Jack as we left the room. As soon as the door was closed behind me I let the fake smile slide of my face like the slimy thing it was. I glanced at Jack; he was looking at me curiously

"Is spending the day with me such a bad thing?" he asked a hit of a joke was hidden behind the accent.

"No, it's just I'm getting my Jenn on is all"

He looked at me as if I had grown an extra head "Getting your 'Jenn on'?"

I explained to him my mild case of schizophrenia.

"Ah, I comprendre. Well I am very happy to meet Jenn rather then Jennifer"

"So you should be Jenn is rather amazing, she beats Jennifer any day" I joked. He looked down at me and smiled his eyes were a clear gray and they studied me with interest

"So Jenn what are you planning to do with me today" He asked. Oh Merlin what was I meant to spend the day doing.

"Um well I'm the Gryffindor Quidditch captain at school and I really need to practice so I wondered if you wouldn't mind playing a bit with me? I think that make class as 'showing you around the grounds'"

"I would love to but I have no broom"

"No worries I have my old one in my room" we walked through the house towards my roof discussing our favourite Quidditch teams. chudly cannons duh!?! Jack used to play Quidditch at school he was a keeper. But apparently ever since he left he hasn't been on a broom. We climbed up the stairs to the roof and entered the living room.

"You have a flat to yourself?" he asked

"Um yeah" I replied sheepishly "it's the only place in the house where I can be me" I walked over to the bedroom as Jack sat on the sofa. "I'm just going to get changed into something more practical" I said looking down at the green dress I was wearing. Jack looked me up and down