Prologue

¥
Prologue
¥

"My beautiful black woman where do i start? At your feet that create paths for everyone so innovative and ahead of the curve or your head with talent that no one else could even dream of covered by your crown of dark curls. Theres a mix... of 3c, 4a and 4b you think theres 4c in the middle cause its so thick but really its because you do the middle last and your arms get tired from holding them up— im getting side tracked...

Your big chocolate brown eyes filled with joy and curiosity down to your lucious lips. The way they spread into a blinding white smile stopping any man or woman in their tracks and your skin. When i get flashes that im not suppose to see my mind stops and every thought becomes wrapped in the smell... the feeling... the taste. Good God the taste of you from the valley between your breast down to—

"Kai!"

"Yes? Oh! Sorry i got distracted. Your skin? You were blessed by the Gods of melanin because at any given moment you are glowing at 3am with your curls in every direction or 3pm when youre running home ready to go home and unwind. No matter how much cocoa butter you use to keep your skin and soft it doesnt cover up how tough you are. Metaphorically speaking of course.

You can take on the world i know you can even when it feels like the weight of it is against you, i know you can move mountains... destroy them and remold them even. Y'know... i use to hate alot of things until i met you cuddling... holding hands cause peoples hands felt sweaty and gross... pda cause who gives a fuck, sharing a bed i mean thats debatable with your grizzly snoring, even spending too much time with someone. But its something about the way you do it that makes me think everyone else has been doing it wrong all along. Its not a thing you do wrong and everything you touch turns to gold"

"I know that sharp tongue that resides behind those sweet words
you caress me with" he chuckles before looking at me and i raise an eyebrow in his direction tilting my head which he scolds.

"But i know that sharp tongue guards a big heart thats full of love, compassion vulnerability and so much passion." He speaks

when you get angry you can bring the toughest man to his knees with tears. You can bring me to my knees any day though my
love—"

"Kaaaai!"

"Just a reminder! And i mean anytime morning noon night but anywho because i see you giving me that look where your brows scrunch together and your cheeks puff out slightly... the look of a beautiful black woman daring to be defied.

I watch steadily as he dips the paint brush into the open can of paint swirling it around adding more paint on the brush but his dark brown eyes gaze over my frame and never leave not once.

"It was a lie when they said beauty was in the eye of the beholder, because for any man to walk past you and not see yours theyd have to be blind" his baritone voice floats throughout the room as he looks directly at me.

The sound of paint hitting the canvas is heard right before the strong smell wafts under my nose but nothing can beat the smell of his made in heaven cologne.

"You hold your own, your attitude a force dared to be tried. But its what makes you... you. So open to learning new things, sharing ideas, new experiences but firm in all your morals and beliefs. You alone give me strength: to be better, want better, give better stroke better and most importantly love better."

Because black girls deserve love too, a peaceful wholesome love. Not one where they have a struggle love. Not one where they have to deal with rape, or being shamed about their bodies, not one where the get beat or cheated on. DEFINITELY Not some ghetto ass overly done book where she dates some drug dealer/rapper who doesnt see her worth. DEFINITELY not one where the characters are white washed.

Black girls are always being uninvited from the table and given scraps that we have to make magic from but its time we make our own table, with our own talent where we can flourish with no regards or rails setting boundaries we dont need

Welcome to all my new readers and welcome back to all my returning readers aka some of the baddest jawns on this app. This is my book that i take PRIDE in along with everything else i write therefore if you try to steal my work i will CUT YOU

we're all bad bitches here and bad bitches dont steal which means yall aint gon steal my content, ya dig or im getting youre account deleted like the money in my back account when i go to sephora

Dont be weird. Dont steal my content. Dont tell me what you dont like, just dont read it sis.