2: The Healer

¥
Two
•The Healer•
¥

"And they were roommates"

Looking up from the empty maroon bowl that previously heald mac n cheese with bacon bits i see my best friend staring at me with a look of amusement.

"Your neighbors sound like an episode of love and hip hop, if you were still into writing i'm sure you could write a book about them called 'the girl in 31b' and you'd make a fortune." I laugh licking the spoon proving that I was actually listening which i know she assumed I wasn't.

Uncrossing my legs I lean forward taking a bite out of the tuna sandwich moaning at the taste.

"Now bitch the sandwich is not that good for you to be moaning over like that." She scowls slowly blowing her soup and I respond with a middle finger. Today had been a busy day with several chaotic patients and no breaks... now that I think of it today was the first time I was eating in seven hours.

Honestly right about now I was reconsidering going back to work and enjoying my last five hours in this barely comfortable booth. Don't get me wrong i absolutely loved my job as an anesthesiologist but sometimes i hated the hours.

"But about the book? Girl you might be onto something... I would ask you for a name but we both know you stuck at getting those " she casually says so shadily and had i not known her since we were kids I wouldn't have known she was talking about the man I met at the celebration last weekend.

"Oh my goodness, I can't believe you're still stuck on that. I'm never going to see him again and I'm ok with that." i shrug taking another bite of my sandwich until i feel something sharp hit me forehead.

"Did you just throw a chip at me?" I ask amused yet not surprised at my best friends antics. If there was anybody as crazy as I was? Her. The bitch was off her marbles but i wouldn't want to share a room in hell with anyone else.

"Damn right! Bitch he was your type— tall darkskin nice beard nice smile and made your mysterious scorpio "i hate everyone" ass laugh and enjoy yourself even if it was for ten minutes and you aint get this nigga number let alone name?" She scoffs waving her spoon around flipping her braids over her shoulder.

Her caramel colored eyes send daggers and i feel the snicker building in my throat at her rant. Swishing my drink around before taking a sip ignoring her glare i make a mental note to go grocery shopping and buy more juices for my house.

"Right and what about the guy you curved because you ain't like the way he chewed? Or the girl who used a shade of foundation and you had me call and pretend that your dad died?" I challenge raising an arched eyebrow and she deflates slight a solemn look taking over her face as we stare another down.

I'm not sure who cackles first, but we let out the ugliest laughs gaining the attention of a few people in the restaurant along with an employee cleaning tables.

"You got a point there, jeez we're going to be 2 old bitches in fur coats and no husbands" she giggles taking a bite if her panini cheese oozing out across her freshly manicured nails.

"Calling eachother raggedy bitches and giving the retirement home nurses the blues because we decided to race our scooters" i add on with a laugh sliding some of the extra napkins in my scrub pocket.

Before we can jokingly slander another any further the typical iphone ringtones sounds from my scrub top pocket and i pout.

"Looks like Lucifer is calling and he wants his demon to return, I swear these hour long lunches are never long enough" I frown watching as my phone keeps ringing while i slowly pack up the extra food I ordered into a brown paper bag with the panera logo on it.

•ELOQUENCE•On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara