5. The night tour

¥
5
The night tour
¥

"I can't find anything" I groan angrily putting the dress back on the rack. A dress that for one wasnt my size and definitely wasnt my color.

"Girl there's plenty of cute outfits you just want to impress kaiiiii" Dakari drags out his name holding seven different outfits on her arm.

To celebrate Kai's big accomplishment he was having a large celebration at his house against his wishes but his friends suggested it would be better that way then to pay for a section at a club with randoms. Of course I was allowed my plus one which was why Dakari was also looking for an outfit though i'm not sure why she had so many.

And more importantly it was tonight.

Actually it starts in a few hours.

"Actually smart ass he told me i could wear sweatpants and it wouldn't matter he just wants me there" i correct watching as she gives me a blank stare before she begins cackling.

This bitch.

"Girl he dont give two fucks what you wear because he plans on getting in those guts later" she says like it's the simplest thing in the world throwing another dress on her arm.

A store worker's eyes widened as she walked past us putting her head down pretending not to hear, and I shake my head. Poor girl.

"That's not happening, him and I are taking things slow" I correct walking to the shoe wall. Maybe if i found a pair of shoes i could start like that and work my way up with an outfit.

"Right and i'm 10 feet tall... that boy probably can't keep his hands off you" she scoffs in disbelief following me before stopping the girl and asking for her to get a clear pair of heels in a size 7.

"Actually he hasn't touched me... we haven't even kissed yet" I shrug picking up a pair of black heels before placing them back down.

"Bitch what?" She shouts, gaining several peoples attention and I shush her apologizing to the people in the store. My eyes catch a satin blue dress and I quickly walk over my heels clicking against the floor.

She opens to start her mouth and I send her a glare already knowing what she's going to ask.

"Bitch I am deadass. We've been around each other 4 times in person shit i'm honestly surprised he's even inviting me to this party. I thought it would be more intimate and personal unless I'm just his flavor for the week and this is a usual occurrence for him—" i begin to blurt out until Dakari rests both her hands on my shoulders looking at me with understanding eyes.

"I knew you were nervous, and it's ok to be but dont forget every man isn't your ex's. There are some genuinely good men out here and i think Kai might be one of them... and if not? New york aint solving crimes anyway what's one more missing body" she shrugs and honestly sometimes i want to cover her mouth with tape because the things this girl says is ridiculous.

I mean she isn't wrong but... you can't just say that.

Tapping my nails against the gold walls of the elevator I feel Dakari brush up against me and I look at her put on lip gloss.