4. The Cheat Code

¥
Four
•Cheat Code•
¥

Sitting with my legs sprawled across my row of bar stool's,royal blue mug in hand with honey herbal tea, the smoke rising indicates the heat, I gently blow.

"You wicked bitch!" I hear my neighbors yell and nearly throw my tea cup with a scowl. There was no way I was paying 2k a month to still be able to hear my neighbors argue.

My loft was beautiful, nice view even when it was ugly outside but one of the cons was the thin walls that allowed me to hear my loud mouthed neighbors.

Leaning forward I frustratedly groaned sitting my head in my free hand massaging my scalp. The ice cold marble table against my skin, not even affecting me due to the lack of sleep. I hated loud noises, yelling... anything that wasn't peaceful especially at 6am when the sun wasn't even up yet.

So the sound of my phone blairing comes as a suprise and all i can think is...somebody better be fucking dying.

Who the hell had the audacity to call me this early?

I look at the contact and scoff setting my mug down.

An unsaved number at that.

They were in luck, because I had a lot of wrath to unleash so I'd be answering.

Swiping the arrow across the bottom I wait for the phone to connect but my attitude slightly simmers seeing who it is.

"Good morning gorgeous" his deep raspy voice speaks through the phone and that morning voice makes my insides melt a bit but the sound of my neighbors get loud once more bringing back my attitude.

"How bout I tie your ass up and throw you in the lake? Bloop"

I take the silence as the end match but i'm proven wrong seeing as it must've been shock.

"Demi why... why would you even say something like that?" He asks and I take a sip of my tea.

"Hello" I respond looking back at the camera watching as he licks his lips taking his Nike hoodie off.

"Since you like moist bitches so much how bout you go drown" demi yells back before a door slams.

"That dry ass response, it's too early to be grumpy" he chuckles, pushing the gloves off his hands as he stares at the camera.

"It's also too early for a phone call but here we are" I sass back setting the tea cup down and adjusting my phone so it sits up against the empty fruit bowl.

"I called you because you were the first thing on my mind sweetheart, i just wanted to see how you were doing" he tells me though it's anything but mean it sounds like he's...flirting.

Looking back at the camera I notice he's waiting for a response and I sigh resting my cheek on the palm of my hand.

"Im fine" i deadpan and he haults his movement sending me a look i've never seen in the two times ive seen him.

"That's not a real answer...try again tell me how you really feel" he speaks with such an edge i don't dare to try it, it's obvious he hates when people say they are fine.