Chapter 16 - Merida, The Snow-Globe Maker

Michael got up with a yawn as he looked over at the window that let the sunlight in. He wasn't still used to the room he was in as he looked at the band posters with distaste.

Getting up from the bed, he yawned again before itching his back.

He went straight to the bathroom to brush his teeth. He could at least do that, and then he would go straight to Lisa so she'd help him with the bath.

"Dad!" Michael jumped slightly as he heard his own voice coming from the hallway before it got closer.

"Dad!" Andrea was in the bathroom doorway in only a matter of seconds as Michael looked back to stare at his own body. "What is it?"

He had only put some toothpaste on his brush before Andrea had come to him.

"That tattoo only has one part left now!"

Michael frowned before he raised up his shirt to show his back to Andrea. "Is it the same for me?"

Andrea looked at her own back before she saw how the snowflake only had one part remaining.

"Yeah, there's only one left."

Michael smiled before frowned again. "But what does this mean anyway?"

Andrea rolled her eyes as she looked at her own self. "I thought your witch contacted you again."

Michael shook his head with a sigh.

"She didn't call again. So, I don't know what this thing even means."

"I'm pretty sure that witch just wanted to play around with us." Michael rolled his eyes as Andrea frowned. "I'm serious, she didn't call even when she said she'd call after she finds out what this shitty thing means."

"Maybe she didn't find out about its meaning."

Andrea shrugged nonchalantly. "Maybe. But I don't believe her anyway."

"Just go wake your sister up. She has to bathe me." Andrea groaned as Michael smirked. "Do you have to let her bathe you? You're a grown-ass man."

"Hey, hey, I'm just a girl. I don't know what you're talking about." Andrea rolled her eyes as she nodded her head disbelievingly.

"You all just really hate me." Michael laughed as Andrea left the bathroom to go do what her father had told her to do.

Michael looked at himself in the mirror and sighed as he saw his daughter's reflection staring back at him. He had faith in whoever was listening and believed in the possibility of everything going back to how it was.

But even though he hoped, there was also the voice of Merida circling in his head. Well, more precisely her words.

"You both might never go back to how things were, and stay trapped in each other's bodies."

What if she was right?

"Dad! Dad!" Michael groaned as he heard his own voice again before he walked out of the bathroom with the toothbrush still in his hands. He had yet to brush his teeth.

"What is it now?" Michael asked as he saw the worried look on his own aging face. "Lisa's gone."

Andrea held out a piece of paper that had only a few words on them as Michael read them with a frown.

I'm sorry, it's all my fault.

"We have to find her before she does something stupid." Michael spoked up as he placed the toothbrush in his hands on the nearby desk before he went to go get something appropriate to wear from the closet.