Chapter 17 - The Promise and Olivia Richards

"Come on, stop being such a pussy." Andrea pushed her father towards the administration office even when he was trying hard to just stay rooted to where he stood.

"Language, young lady." Andrea rolled her eyes as she pushed the man a little more.

"Oh, come on, just go in there and tell her all that I told you to say."

"And what if she rejects me?"

"Then you go find yourself a hotter lady." Michael frowned as he looked back at his daughter, who just smirked innocently. "I'm kidding, sheesh, I'm kidding."

"You better be, because I might like Jessica a little more than I should."

Andrea smiled as she stopped pushing her father.

"Then what are you so afraid? Go get your woman, or get rejected. But go do something."

Michael sighed. Andrea was right, he had to do something, just so he'd know and not regret not trying.

"Okay, so I compliment her ears first, right?" Andrea laughed before she nodded her head. "Yeah, sure, but do try to say eyes in there."

Michael shook his head before he corrected himself.

"Eyes, I meant eyes."

"Sure, you did." Andrea muffled her laughter as Michael turned towards the administration office. "Eyes." He mumbled to himself before he went right in.

Andrea smiled to herself before she went to go do what she had promised as well. It was an old promise and she was sure the other person had probably forgotten all about it, but Andrea remembered.

And today was the day she was going to go keep it.

...................................................................

"Mr. Hanning? Can I ask why you're so late today?" Jessica asked as she sat behind her desk with glasses on. She took them off as she looked at the man in front of her.

Michael gulped his nervousness down before he blurted out the first thing he had to say. "Jessica Garfield, you have beautiful ears."

Jessica stared at Michael for a whole minute before she burst out laughing, "Wow, that's something I've never heard before. I'm glad you like my ears."

Michael shook his head as he internally face-palmed himself. "I meant eyes; you have beautiful eyes."

Getting up from her seat, she walked around her desk to sit right in front of Michael.

"Are you here to just flirt with me, Mr. Hanning?" Michael gulped before he nodded his head, before realization hit him and he shook his head.

Jessica enjoyed flirting with the man before but this nervous mess wasn't so bad either as she giggled. "Then what do you want?"

"I—I want to ask you out, Jessica Garfield."

It was as if Jessica had always wanted to hear that since her answer brought a smile to Michael's face.

"I thought you'd never ask."

...........................................................

Clearing her throat, Andrea stood outside of a single-story house with a bouquet of flowers wearing a fitted suit that hurt her ass – courtesy of Michael.

She rang the bell again since she was getting impatient, but the door opened just as she had rung the bell the second time.

Andrea could tell who the woman was just by her similar features, as she smiled at her.