27 Regain

They manage to avoid the unnecessary attention as they lumber through the sleeping town, ending the journey from Lucida in around four hours. They could have arrived in under two hours, but they had to take a few stops because they decided to go through the normal route. There was no point in rushing, and it was better for Yunho and Seonghwa, who are injured, to take everything slowly. After she gave her permission for Seonghwa to rest his head on her back, he immediately slept. She almost chortled when she heard his soft snore, but she kept it inside in fear of waking him up. He must had been so tired. Even as they pass through the entrance of Nyla, he slept undisturbed. The lights in the town are still lit up, but there are barely anyone left. The lively town is left deserted. Mingi checks the giant clock stood near one of the tailors and notes that it's already 2 a.m.

Only the bars are still open, and they see a few people stumble out, drunk. They are too out of their minds to pay attention to the three horses passing through, and they finally arrive in front of the arched entrance of the Nyla palace. After the chaos, Mingi, Akira and even Yunho, feel like they would shed a tear or two as they set their eyes upon the palace. Their safe haven. The rest of the palace's occupants must have been asleep already, since they are expecting them to return the soonest when the sun has risen. They have arrived sooner than expected, and it feels funny how everything seems to be so anti-climatic. Mingi nods at the two guards at the entrance and they make way for the three horses to enter.

"Hey, we've arrived," she says slowly to Seonghwa while tapping his shoulder lightly.

He groans, opens his eyes and rubs them. "We're here already?"

"Yes, you slept like a baby through the whole journey."

"Ah, really? I'm sorry." He scratches his head, slightly ashamed. His other half feels relieved that he could get some sleep. He feels refreshed, but he knows that his companions are the opposite. They look like they're going to crash the moment they find a pillow. He hops off, claiming, "I'll go and guide the horses to the stables. You guys can go in and get in some sleep. And, Yunho?" He's still unsure on how to address their new guest. "You can get those wounds treated by Kang Yeosang, our palace doctor. Mingi can show you to him. If he's asleep, just kick his door down," he says seriously.

"Park Seonghwa, you-" Mingi starts. "It's better if the two of you go kick his door down. You're going to bleed out and die soon. You better get those wounds stitched up. I'll deal with the horses."

She nods, agreeing to what he's saying. "You really need medical attention. Don't try to make a fuss because I'm going to kick your ass and make sure you need that attention," she presses on when he is about to open his mouth to object.

She nudges Seonghwa and Yunho lightly towards the giant doors, jutting out her chin to ask them to enter the palace. When they're out of sight, Mingi and Akira pull on the reins, guiding the horses to the stables. They pass by Hongjoong's hut beside the pavillion, and he notes that the light is still on. Hongjoong must still be awake. They decide to not disturb him, so they walk past without giving the hut a second glance. They arrive at the stables, usher the horses into their individual stalls before locking them. He is about to say goodnight to her, but she stops him in his place.

He turns to look at her, truly curious. "Is there something wrong? Do you need Yeosang to-"

"It's not. I just wanted to ask about something."

"What is it?"

"Did something happen to Seonghwa?"

"He got stabbed in the back-"

"That's not what I meant. Some time ago, did something happen to him?" She remembers their conversation when they were walking back to Nyla. He mentioned about not being able to forget the dead bodies he saw and how he had used that as an excuse for his behaviour to other people. She didn't question it at that moment because her mind was filled with Yunho, but now that it is over, she feels the need to clear it up.