The Game is On

Your POV

I arrive at where Hiccup told me to meet up with him. As I go there, he has also arrived.

"ah, Mr. Haddock " I shooked his hand.
"I prefer Hiccup " I nodded at his suggestion and look at the building.

"well this is a prime spot, must be expensive. "

"oh Gobber, the landlord has given me a deal. He owes me one. Four years back his brother-in-law got himself sentenced to death in Florida. I was able to help out. " he complimented himself with a smirk.

"wait, you stopped his brother-in-law from being executed? " I asked amaze.
"oh no, I ensured it " my mouth was wide open then the door behind me opened and came out a man with a peg leg and prosthetic arm.

"Hiccup! " he bellowed, giving him a hug. He saw me and urged me to come in.

"Gobber, meet Dr. Y/N Maxwell " he introduced as I greeted the man and shook his hand

Once we got to the 2nd floor, he opened the door for me and I saw a bit dusty living room filled with many books. But there's room for some improvement

"this could be very nice, very nice indeed, we just need to clean out the rubbish "  he made an Oh shape on his mouth

"this could be very nice, very nice indeed, we just need to clean out the rubbish "  he made an Oh shape on his mouth. He started to clean up by carrying some stuff aside.

"I suppose we can straighten things up a bit "

I look closely to the shelf and grab what seems like a real human skull
"is this an actual human skull? "

With no hesitation, he grab it from my hand and put it back to the shelf, only to put it higher
"he's a friend......... I meant when I say friend... " he scratched the back of his head trying to find an explanation.
But before he can find one Gobber cut in.

"so what do you think doc? If you'll be needing two bedrooms there's another one upstairs "

"of course, well be needing two " I raised a brow for what she meant while from the side of your eyes you saw Hiccup face palm

" of course, there's all sorts around here, Mrs. Arendell got married ones "

I sat on a red sofa chair then thought of a topic to talk about.

"I searched you in the internet last night " I started out.

"anything interesting " he stated with a grin assuming that I would be astonished by his blog.

"found your website, The Science Of Deduction "

"what do you think about it? " I scoffed, he gave me a confused stare.

"you said you could identify a soft wear designer by his tie and an airline pilot by his thumb "

"yes, i can read your military career in your face and leg and your brothers drinking habits by your phone. "

"ho- " I was cut off by Gobber yet again holding up a newspaper.

"eyyy, hiccup, what about these suicides. I thought it'd be perfect for you, three exactly the same "

Hiccup looked out the window and saw a police car stopped by the building.
"four, there's been fourth and there's somethings different this time "

Rushing footsteps were heard, And a blonde girl with blue eyes entered the room looking distressed
"Brimstone, Hooligan Gardens, they left a note, will you come? " she said almost out of breath

"who's in forensics?"

"Eret, " Hiccup inhaled in frustration from the answer

"I NEED an assistant and he won't work with me, I will come but not in a police car, I'll grab a taxi and be right behind you "

The girl sighed and thank him and ran off to the police car.

For a moment, Hiccup was in silence and took a big inhale them jump around.

"BRILLIANT! Yes! Ha , four serial suicides and now a note, ITS CHRISTMAS! Gobber, I'll be late
Might need some food, I don't mind a cold drink " and after jumping around in excitement, he went off and grabbed his trench coat

"I'm your landlord not your housekeeper! "complained Gobber but he already left the room

"look at him dashing around, his father was once like that but your more the sitting down type I can tell. "

Boy, you are so wrong,'

"I'll make some coffee, just let your leg rest,  "
"Damn my leg!!! " I screamed making him jump.

"sorry, I am so sorry, its just something with this bloody thing " I apologize. He nods as he completely understands you then leaves you alone.

"your a doctor right? " I looked around to see Hiccup leaning at the door. "in fact, an army doctor "

"yes " I cleared my throat as I stood up.

"any good? "

"-very good "

"seen a lot of injuries then, violent death, bit of trouble too, I bet " he said as he comes closer, we were staring at each other, face to face.

"of course, enough for a lifetime far too much " I said calmly

"wanna see some more? "
" oh god Yesss. " I answered quickly.

We both went off the house, adrenaline kicking in our veins

"Where ye two going? " Gobber asked as he passed by him.

"impossible suicides, four of them! There's no point sitting at home when there is something FUN going on! "
Hiccup exclaimed in happiness while shaking Gobber by his arms

"look at you, real happy in a not so decent way, "

" who cares about decent Gobber

THE GAME IS ON!!! "