Back to the Battlefield

'' you are not haunted by the war dr Maxwell.... You miss it '' he leans forward and whispered to my ear   
 ''welcome back '' 

he then walk away and i stood still reflecting on his words                             

'' time to choose a side dr. Maxwell'' he says twirling his umbrella, just as he was out of sight Hiccup texted me saying 'come now, but it could be dangerous' i returned my phone into my pocket then look at my hand if it was shaking meaning if i were stress. The female driver came to me, i think her name is Heather. 

''whats your address again?'' 
"uhmm 221B Baker street but I have to go somewhere else first "

Time flies as I arrived at my old apartment, I opened my drawer and grab my gun. I'm going to live with a psychopath might as well be prepared
After that, Heather brought me back to 221B Baker street. I came in to see Hiccup laying on the sofa with both his hands together, probably thinking

"so what's the emergency? " I asked his eyes quickly opened
"oh yes, can I borrow your phone " I sighed and just gave him my phone

He stood up and grab a paper on the table and type it in his phone. Must be a number.

"by the way I just met a friend of yours " I say as I sat down the sofa chair
"a friend? "
"Correction, an enemy "
"oh...  Which one?" of course he has more than one.

"according to him, your archenemy, do people even have archenemies? " I slightly chuckled. He look at me like I have insulted him but was replaced with an intrigue look.

"did he offer you money to spy on me" "yes "
"did you take it? "
"no? "
"pity, we could've split it. Think it through next time " I squinted my eyes in confusion as him. dude I was being loyal to you.

"who is he then? "

"the most dangerous man I've ever met and not my problem right now" he resumed to texting the number then told me to grab the suitcase in the kitchen.

I did as he told but I saw a pink suitcase "uhmm, isn't this the suitcase you said from the lady in pink "

"yes obviously " OBVIOUSLY? I'm very glad I have brought a gun. He saw my shock expression and signed

"perhaps I should mention I didn't kill her " he bit his lip and smiled

"you got all of that because you know the suitcase would be pink? How did i not think of that back then, why did you send her a text " just as I finished the phone rang

He jumped out of the couch, and grab the phone from me "he's panicking, GREAT! It's our chance, I think I know where he exactly is "

He grabbed his trench coat as I just followed him, that snout face is right. The mystery does turn him on, I guess I'm back on the battlefield.

Who am I kidding? The war is always following me.

He stopped at Dreamworks street then entered a small restaurant called The Swamp.

" why if it isn't Mr Haddock, how are ya! Thought you hated this place coz of Shrek" greeted a small man in grey clothing and a Mohawk.

"hey there Donkey, nice to meet you again, guess Shrek ain't here ha " he smiles then rolled his eyes as if glad that the man they're talking about has been a great friend to him and has done something usual.

" hes with Fiona and the kids " he looks behind Hiccup and saw me. He smiles "aaaaayyyy you didn't tell me you have a girl!!! Congrats! "

I blushed madly and was about to protest. " she's here to help me with the investigation, also help me pay the rent. " Donkey was not fazed by this, he only nodded and leads us to our table.

We sat down as I ordered a (favorite desert) and he just ordered a glass of water. We were served our dishes and started to take a bite of my dish and saw Hiccup looking out the glass window at the side of our table.

"is the killer here? " I looked at what he was staring at. It was a man who was going to take a ride on a taxi. Does he think he's the suspect?

He stood up quickly and told me to follow him. "Come on Y/N, THE GAME IS ON! "

3rd person's POV

As Y/N stood up, the adrenaline grew to her she ran after Hiccup, he knew he was fast for his tall figure.

And at the moment, she has forgotten of her limping act.

Hiccup stopped as he thought of a quick route to catch his suspect. He looked up and saw a staircase leading to the top of the building. He climbed up and when he reached the rooftop he jumped building to building.

At the last building, he has to jump higher for it has a long gap and he did reach the other building but Y/N has to pause.

She sighed thinking she would have a normal day and great sleep if she has declined his offer of chasing the killer.
She walked back

But then again... She does miss the adrenaline.

She ran forward and leaped off the building and landed perfectly still running and following the brunette.
The strange man was right,

She does miss the battlefield