7. Finally kissed him

Christmas Eve dawned bright and snowy. Rolling over in bed I saw Draco was already awake, once again at the desk. He continued to scratch away in his notebook, not noticing I was awake. As my eyes came into focus I was shocked to find he wasn't wearing a shirt, only cotton pajama bottoms. I couldn't tear my eyes away from his bear chest, and felt a giggle escape my lips. He swiveled around, his eyes wide with embarrassment, as he grabbed his pj top and wrapped it hastily around himself, buttoning up all the buttons in the wrong holes.

"I'm so sorry," he muttered, his eyes on the floor. I felt my heart flutter.

"Don't be, I don't mind," I heard myself say. Was Ginny Weasely channeling me? I felt myself blush. He smiled like he had at the pond.

"I'll keep that in mind," he said, his voice fairly husky. Over the past couple weeks Draco had talked enough for his voice to go back to normal, though he no longer spoke in his aristocratic drawl. I giggled, what was wrong with me? "So you want to exchange presents tonight?" He asked, his voice earnest.

"Okay, I replied.

That night after dinner Draco pulled me aside. He took my hand and led me downstairs to the basement. The games had disappeared; in their place was a grand piano. He gently picked me up and sat me down on top of it. Then he sat down on the bench in front of me.

"This is my gift to you," he said nervously. When I nodded he put his fingers on the keys, but paused and looked up at me. "Promise not to laugh?" he asked.

"Of course not!" I responded, surprised that he would even suggest it. He nodded and began to sing.

"Falling

With no one to catch me

Falling

I don't see anyone

Falling

There's no one below me

Falling

Away from the sun

I'm falling

Falling towards the end of life

Falling to where there is no light

Falling to where it's always night

Falling towards the end."

He repeated the chorus, and then did a small piano break.

"I thought I would fall forever

I thought I was long gone it's true

But then someone caught me

I looked up and saw it was you.

Floating

I've got you to catch me

Floating

I only see you

Floating

You'll always be with me

Floating

I hope it's true."

With that he sat, his hands folded in his lap. I slid off the piano and sat next to him. He didn't look at me, so I caressed his cheek and pulled him to face me. Then I leaned in and finally kissed him.