"First Day of Work"

Days has passed and finally, I will start working now. I'm excited.

I ate my breakfast and did all the morning stuff then started walking to The New York Times building.

"44th floor" I muttered as I entered the elevator. The New York Times building has 52 floors. Then the elevator doors opened and I went to the manager's room.

"You must be Mr. Saldivar, welcome to The New York Times" She smiled and gave me proper orientation, background and history of The New York Times. I listened and then she introduced me to her assistant who will tour me around the office.

"Hi I'm Betty" She shook my hand and smiled.

"I'm Trent" I replied.

We finished touring around the office and she showed me my desk. Betty is nice. Very approachable and softspoken.

"Welcome new guy" A pretty lady with a black hair smiled and turned her seat to face me.

"I'm Sabrina, your co-graphic artist" She reached out her hand to me.

I shook her hand and smiled. "I'm Trent Austin, you can call me Trent". I sat down and relaxed. "This is awesome" I muttered.

"So, where are you from?" Sabrina asked.

"Just one block away from here" I replied, I'm not really comfortable talking to someone for the first time. I think she noticed that I'm feeling shy.

"I'm a nice person. You can trust me" She said. I smiled.

Then we started working, I feel different. I'm not feeling negative but I don't feel happy. Maybe it's because I don't have friends yet. Here's Sabrina but I don't feel comfortable with her, for now. I'll get used to this.

"Do you want to have lunch with me?" I opened up. I really want to have at least one friend. She seems nice so why not.

"Wow, that was unexpected" She laughed.

"Why?" I asked. Confused.

"Because earlier today, you seem like you don't wanna talk. But it's good that you've opened up yourself to me" She explained.

"Yeah" I said. She seems nice.

So we continued working but I only have light, not so difficult tasks assigned to me since it's my first day. Then we headed to KFC to have lunch.

We ordered and sat on our seats then we chatted, getting to know each other. I don't know if it's just me but she kinda look like Ximena Navarrete. She's pretty as well.

After we're done with our lunch, we headed to office and to our desks. We still have 15 more minutes before we start working.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asked.

"I am a gay, I like boys" I replied.

"Oh, alright." She smiled. Looks like being a gay is okay for her, unlike those homophobes.. Great. I'm starting to like her.

"But if you're straight, I'm sure lots of girls will fall for you, you look hot." She winked. I blushed.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" I asked. I know it's awkward to ask these kind of things in the first meeting but she asked me anyway.

"Yes, I have." She replied but she didn't look happy or proud.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked curious and worried at the same time.

"Nah, don't mind it." She brushed it off and smiled.

"Okay?" I don't believe her.

We finished our tasks assigned to us, straight for 5 hours, with 15 - 30 minute breaks in between until our shift ends. We waved goodbye to each other. And I went home.

-------------------------------------------------