nice to meet'cha

Gaster's pov:

His majesty stared in awe at the smaller version of his esteemed lead scientist, a sight he quite frankly thought he would never see.

"Gaster!"

He said seemingly out of breath,

"I didn't take you as the type! well I hoped but-"

hoped? 

"Golly! What did you name him? Her?" 

Asgore chuckled at himself.

"Them?"

Gaster shook himself from his thoughts.

"ah well, I figured I should name him for one of my more prestigious relatives-"

Asgore blinked expectantly.

"Uh- Sans."

"s...mm...snaa...snn...ssnaas...Snas!" 

The small skeleton said triumphantly.

His majesty cooed at the babe. The royal scientist smiled as he scooped up sans, having hurriedly finished the cup of tea.

"Well I shall return to work as soon as possible, I hope to report good news on the core soon sire."

Time skip 5 years 

(wtf younger me what is this jane the virgin??)

Sans's pov:

Sans was playing half heartedly in the snow while his father was away.

His father had left him with Asgore so that he wouldn't be unsupervised. 

The king had been really solemn, understandably, ever since the prince and the human died, his wife leaving being the cherry on top. 

The young skeleton fell forwards when a cold force thumped against the back of his skull. He looked around wildly for the source of the snowball and turned around to see a tall girl, just around his age. 

The girl had blue skin, bright red hair, and two fins on her head in place of ears. She was wearing a black coat and blue jeans with red boots. 

"HEY KID!" 

She shouted as she trotted over.

"wassup." 

Sans responded Indifferently, wearily accepting her hand. The blue teen pulled him up with ease.

"HI! MY NAME US UNDYNE! WHATS YOURS?"

The young skeleton covered his non existent ears.

" dude I'm right here ya don't gotta yell." 

The girl, who he now knew as undyne, laughed extending her hand. Unable to stay mad, he smiled and shook her hand.

" I'm sans. Sans the skeleton" 

She grinned. 

" so... like.. Are you like a fish or is that just a load of CARP?" 

The witty skeleton joked, laughing at his own pun.

"DUDE HA! That was- just a terrible joke actually."

Undyne chortled.

" well if you think of a better one, let MINNOW" 

He said, not missing a beat. They burst into laughter.

He liked her already.