vi : empty

CHAPTER SIX― empty !❝my eyes are finally dry❞

CHAPTER SIX
empty !
❝my eyes are finally dry❞

ember drake prefers the impossible. she doesn't know why, she just does. but when you're told that you are a disappointment and a disgrace to the drake name by your own parents because of one little slip up, things go wrong and so do you. you change your mind about the good life and look at the world as hell itself. you find yourself with a frown on your lips and no way of becoming happy unless you chanel it through physical contact, sex if you will.

ember felt empty. she hid herself, her broken and shattered self, behind fake smiles and sarcastic retorts. she hid herself by talking like she knew everything, and not shedding tears. she hid herself with glass that reflected a fake vision, glittering, sharp, and beautiful. she hid herself with bloody words.

she had a broken soul with a life minutes from being taken away. she was meters away from a dagger that was sure to spike her in the chest. she was beaten and bruised, hurt and in pain, but that never bothered her as much as you'd think. ember drake was in pain and all of that could be taken away if she had just taken the fucking bullet.

ember stood in jack morton's room with randall carpio, sighing as she spun around in jack's chair. they had found out that jack was the one who was doing the magic, and ember wanted to hit his face into space. yeah, that wasn't gonna happen, unfortunately.

the door opened, jack walking in and sighing. he directed his attention to randall. "will you stop breaking into my room?"

"time's up," randall stated, pushing his hands into his pockets. "hamish and lilith are looking for you."

"good," jack nodded. "let them kill me."

"woah," randall furrowed his eyebrows, eyes wide. he glanced down at ember, who just rolled her eyes. jack morton wasn't listening. "as your ra, it kind of sounds like you're depressed. and this whole look supports my theory."

"i just killed my ethics professor!" jack exclaimed, throwing a t-shirt over his head. "i woke up next to his dead body. i'm covered in his blood. i think one of his tendons is stuck in my fucking teeth!" he showed them off to randall, the boy nodding.

"oh, yeah. flossing is your friend," ember let out a short laugh at the boy, rubbing her forehead.

"that's all you have to say?" jack questioned.