iii : emotionless

CHAPTER THREE― emotionless !❝gonna wear that dress you like❞

CHAPTER THREE
emotionless !
❝gonna wear that dress you like❞

                 ember drake had never really expressed her love for beer unless she was just commenting on how she could forget all the bad shit in her life. technically, she wouldn't express it as a drunk because as a drunk, she was a mess. thats why she was always half sober, half drunk, half forgetful, half horny as fuck.

     ember dressed for people. she didn't dress for herself, it was just too hard to watch people judge you. if your wearing baggy clothes such as a hoodie or sweatpants, you're automatically depressed or gangsta. if your wearing tight clothes, you're automatically a skank or a slut or a whore. ember was none of those things and people knew that.

     ember sat in a bar with randall carpio and jack morton. randall spoke first as ember took yet another sip of the cup of booze in her hand. "so, now its a 'mud monster'?" oh, right. jack found alyssa and then they went to go save whats-her-face from dying at the hands of a mud monster. creative, to say the least.

     "i can't think of a better way to describe it," jack shrugged carelessly before looking to ember. "you never told me you're in the order."

     "because i'm not?" ember lied, giving a side glance to jack. he rose an eyebrow, the girl pouting. "just because my sister apparently is in it, doesn't mean i am."

     "do you have to get accepted or something?" jack asked, raising an eyebrow at the girl who gave him a look.

     "no, actually i didn't wanna be in it in the first place," ember grumbled and leaned into the chair, jack stopping his questions. it was obvious the girl hated the endless neglect and powers, but he had no idea why.

     "any idea what it is?" randall asked, changing the subject and referring to the so-called mud monster. "where it went? what its after?"

     "it kills pledges," jak shrugged. "thats all i've got."

     "but what is it targeting you?" randall asked. "you're not even a pledge."