26. What is to come

When the sun makes it first appearance through the clouds the following morning, you and the rest of 1A find themselves dragging their legs towards the classroom.

Aizawa Sensai had requested that you start early as today would be a big training session. As per usual, Bakugou had taken into account that everyone would be up early, and is already standing before Aizawa as you drag Mina while she wails about these unholy hours.

"Why would they make us get up?! Only birds are up at this hour. And weirdos like (Y/n) and Bakugou."

"And everyone who's at the top of the class" Todoroki teases as he walks past to which Mina immediately pulls herself from your arms and straightens her body.

"So maybe you're the one with a crush" You whisper into her ear to which her entire body tenses, before she reaches an arm to wack you.

"No you are!" She pauses, grins and quickly relaxes again" I just was ignoring which guy it really is."

Before you have the time to retort, Mina lazily, but swiftly makes her way to Ururaka and Izuku up ahead to avoid your wrath.

You let out a low growl before turning to the floor.

Make him listen...

When Aizawa's voice rings over the group, you're head is pulled from thought and you find yourself standing next to Tokayami who waves slightly before pointing out that All Might is standing besides your homeroom teacher, in his almost skeletal form.

"Good morning students. You all look ready to train." Aizawa lets out sarcastically as his eyes trail over half lided eyes and swaying bodies.

"Well. Today's activity will sure wake you up as it is the last practical before the term break." At his words, he lets out a quite manic grin and examines your faces.

"You will be fighting one another in a leader board state. The worst students will juke it out at the bottom and whoever wins will progress to the next round. Understand?"

"What?!" Mineta yells over the crowd. "You're going to point out where we all are based on ranking?!" He screams, offended by the thought.

Aizawa turns to All Might who gives him a slight nod before turning back to you and the class.

"Yes. In fact it was All Might's idea."

As Aizawa speaks he brings up a holographic leader board which everyone except you smile at. They must have done something like this before...

Your names are placed in an order to which, some of you are shocked by, but the top students on the list were expected.

1. Shouto Todoroki
2. Katsuki Bakugou
3. Izuku Midoriya
4. (Y/n)
5. Tenya Iida
6. Momo Yayourozu
7. Kirishima Eijirou
8. Denki Kaminari
9. Tsuyu Asui
10. Fumigake Tokayami
11. Ochako Ururaka
12. Mashirou Ojiro
13. Mina Ashido
14. Kyoka Jirou
15. Rikido Sato
16.Hanta Sero
17. Mezou Shouji
18. Yuga Aoyama
19. Kouji Kouda
20. Toru Hagakure
21. Minouru Mineta

"This was your idea?" Izuku almost chokes as the words come from his mouth.

All Might nods and glances from student to student.

"It is good to know where you compare to you're peers as each of them are competing to be the number one hero." He pauses before staring dead at Izuku. You need to know who you need to beat and competing against the person above you, will gradually move you up this ladder."

Eyes begin to glance, and students smile at their pair. If you win a fight, you vs the winner of the fight after yours.

This should be fun.