Dreams and visits

Hey! Just a little note, when it gets to Ruby's part make sure to read it in a little girls voice ;)

Sam closes the door to his bedroom quietly, not wanting to wake Colby. It's been a week since he got the dolls and the maracas, and Sam is starting to feel weird, like he's being watched. The blond takes a look at the small doll on top of his shelf; Ruby has been the best thing that came from the witch. Sam's not sure why, but he feels. . . Emotional around Ruby.

The young man is about to lay down after a long night of filming when he feels a gentle caress on his leg. Sam quickly turns around, but no one is there. Blaming the incident on his lack of sleep, Sam gets into bed and falls asleep instantly.

Sam's dream

Blue eyes frantically look around the small house that he is in. "This is definitely not my bedroom." Sam says aloud to himself.

Sam steps forward a few inches when he hears quiet little whimpers coming from up the stairs. Finding all of his courage, Sam makes his way up the squeaky stairs. When he walks into the first room, Sam felt overwhelmed by the feeling of sadness. He looks to the corner of the room to find a small girl curled into a ball.

The small squeaks from the floorboards below him makes the little girl look in his direction. The dark circles under her eyes were clearly visible, her hair was dripping with water, and there was blood coming from her legs and head.

Sam is taken back with the realization who this little girl is. "Ruby. . . ?" He asks in almost a whisper.

"Sammy?" The little girl's voice echos quietly.

"I knew you would come. I don't have enough energy to come see you in the living, so I brought you here." Ruby's voice is quiet and it almost sounds faded.

"H-How. . . ? Why a-am I h-here?" Sam asks the spirit in front of him.

"I want to come live with you, Sammy. I'm stuck here though." A small mouth pouts at the grown man.

"Why?"

"You'll take care of me, won't ya? And I'll take care of you guys. You have a bad spirit in your house, Sammy." The girl confesses.

Sam notices that Ruby is fading, and realizes he is waking up.

Real life

Sam gasps for air when he finally wakes up from the nightmare he jut had. The blue eyed man looks around his dark room, and finds nothing that would look like a little girl. Sam sighs with relief, but is shocked when a tiny hand grabs on to his larger fingers.

The little hand, that could only belong to Ruby, pulls the much bigger hand to its equally as small body.

"Ruby." Sam whispers.

"Can I stay with you, Sammy?"

Sam isn't given the chance to answer before the little hand is gone and he hears movement in his closet. The man knows that the small girl has made space for herself in his closet. Too tired to do or think anything of it, Sam closes his eyes; greeted by a pleasant dream.
•••
"Why would I lie about this, Guys?" Sam says, frustrated that his friends won't listen to him.

When he woke up, Sam made sure EVERYONE was in the kitchen before he started to tell them about what happened. Of course none of them believed him, he just needed a way to prove it.

"Fine! I'll prove it!"

"Ruby! Come here, please."

Sam knew he looked crazy, but he had to prove it to them; had to prove he wasn't crazy.

When Ruby didn't show up, the roommates started to laugh a bit (even his own girlfriend and best friend) and told him if he wanted to prank them, he would have to choose a better one.

Without any warning, Jake's phone falls off the table, Corey's pants fall off, and Colby's apple is thrown across the room. Without having time to panic, Ruby appears right next to Sam; still looking the way she did in his dream.

The roommates watch in amazement as the little girl, without moving, makes everything go back to normal.

"Explain. Now." Colby demands, looking his best friend in the eyes.
•••
"So, we have a little ghost girl living in our house because she wants us to protect her? Protect her from who?" Corey asks from his spot next to Devyn, still shaking.

"I don't know. I told you everything she told me." Sam replies.

"It's best if we just go back to normal." Aaron says.

Everyone agrees and starts to file out, when Ruby grabs Colby's hand. The man jumps and tries to hide behind his friends, but the little girl isn't letting go.

"What is it that you want, Ruby?" Asks Sam.

"I just want some friends, Sammy." She asks, confusion on her face from Colby being so scared.

"Why is he scared of me?" Ruby's eyes fill up with tears, a pout has made its way to her face.

For the first time, everyone in that room realizes that she's just a scared little girl who wants companionship.

"Why do you want us to protect you so bad?" Devyn asks sweetly, bending down to the girls level.

"Mommy and Daddy's are suppose to protect their babies, but I don't have a mommy and daddy anymore." Ruby replies sniffling, still holding onto the larger hand of Colby.

Everyone looks at each other, but before they ask anymore questions the green eyes of Ruby go cold. The scared look she had from earlier intensifies.

"He's here." She whispers.

"Who?" Sam asks.

"The man who killed me and my brother." She answers.

"He did this." She adds, pointing to all the blood.

The small frame of Ruby disappears to go back to her hiding spot in Sam's room, and the roommates all look at each other once again.

"Guys. . . The way that blood in her legs is, it looks like. . . Someone raped her." Devyn struggles to get the sentence out, tears forming in her eyes.

"Oh God. Who could do that to a little baby?" Colby asks, stray tears running down his face.

Sam is frozen, he can't believe he never realized it before. The blood, the shyness at first, the cries, all of them signs of something like that happening. Sam is brought back to reality when an important question is asked.

"I wonder if it was the same guy. If the person who killed her and her brother is the same man as the one who, uh, raped her." Jake asks while rubbing Colby's back comfortingly.

"The best thing for us to do is to get her to tell us." Sam replies, sadness still in his eyes.

"She just wants her family back. . ." He adds.

     Colby jumps a little bit trying to get the others attention, "What if we do just that? What if we get her brother's ghost to show itself?"

     Sam looks at the others quickly before running up the stairs to get Ouija Board. The stomps of Sam's feet make their way down the stairs again to meet up with the other roommates.

     Corey visibly flinches and steps away, "Sam, you know Aaron and I don't mess with that stuff."

"I know, I know, but please do this. For Ruby." Sam pleads the older man.

"Man, I don't know. You know that we never know who we're talking to." Corey says, fright still on his face.

"If it's her real brother, he'll show himself." Sam reassures the man.

     Corey hesitantly looks at the board before looking at Aaron to see if he wants to join him. The two men make their mind up and join the others around the board.

     Sam looks at all of his friends before giving them a reassuring smile, "Let's get this started."