Twins?

Sam paces the area that the boys and him landed in hoping to come up with some solution to what just happened to them. He goes over everything that he can remember, not realizing that he is speaking out loud, or that the others are listening.

"First was the pillow fight, after that we made our way down the hall, and then. . . Crap." Sam mumbles, sighing when he realizes what happened.

     The blond looks over to the other three boys, and they give him a knowing look.

"The Midnight Man?" Colby asks, fear in his eyes.

"The Midnight Man." Sam says.

"I told you! I told you not to mess with that!" Corey yells, facing Sam.

"I kno-"

     Before Sam can argue back there is a deep growl that comes from the distance. The four friends look at each other, all think the same thing 'What was that?' Colby is about to say something when they hear a high pitched scream come from the same area the growl came from.

"W-Was that R-Ruby?" Colby frantically asks.

"Yeah." Sam answers, grabbing his jacket off of the ground.

"Where are you going?" Jake asks, watching as his friend starts to walk away.

"After Ruby." Sam simply replies.

     The other three friends look at each other before Colby starts to follow Sam. After watching the other two go, Corey and Jake find their courage and head in the same direction Sam and Colby went.

•••
At the house

     Kat watches as Aaron presses play on another video game, shocked that he could even focus right now.

"Seriously, Aaron? How are you not the least bit worried?" Kat asks harshly.

"Dev is out handling it, chill." Aaron replies, only making the younger girl angrier.

     Before Kat could do any harm to the man in front of her, Devyn comes barging into the game room.

"I've talked to just about everyone and they have all said that they haven't heard from any of the boys. Also, I called Corey's phone just a second ago and it was in the hallway. . . Along with Sam, Colby, and Jake's." Devyn explains while gasping for air.

     At this new information Kat watches from the corner of her eye as Aaron turns the tv off, worry on his face. The girl rolls her eyes a bit, but smiles at her friend making sure he knows that they'll figure it all out.

"So, they just disappeared? That doesn't make sense." Kat says, looking at both of the worried faces in front of her.

"Maybe we could ask Ruby if she saw anything. . ." Aaron suggests.

"That's actually a really good idea." Kat compliment the man.

"Ruby! Ruby!" Devyn yells.

     Instead of seeing a small girl, they are greeted by a distraught looking Eddie.

"Eddie? Where's Ruby?" Kat asks, worry back on her face.

"I have no clue! Last I heard she was playing a trick on Colby, but I haven't been able to find her since then." Eddie explains, tears welling up in the young boy's eyes.

"So, not only are the boys gone, but Ruby is too?" Kat asks.

"Seems like it." Aaron mumbles to the group.

"We need to figure out where they went." Devyn states holding Kat close to her.

•••
Back in the new world

"Sam! We have been walking for hours! Can we take a quick break?" Jake asks the determined blond from his spot in the back.

"No, we have to keep going." Sam replies, his voice shaking from emotion.

     Colby jogs up closer to Sam and puts his hand on the older man's shoulder.

"If we don't take a break we'll all be passed out on the ground soon; You're no good to Ruby passed out." Colby softly says, hoping his friend will finally rest.

     Sam looks at Colby for a few seconds before he sits down, knowing that his friend had a point. While the rest of the group get comfortable and try to get some sleep, Sam sits awake letting his thoughts take over. He wonders how they got there, where they are, if Kat is okay, and if Ruby is okay.

"Get some sleep, Sammy." Colby whispers from beside him.

Listening to his best friend's soft snores, Sam lays down on the grass and let's sleep take over.

•••
"Wake up, dude!" Jake says while shaking Sam.

Blue eyes meet brown when Sam finally wakes up. The worried look on Jake's face causes the blond man to stand up and look around.

"Look, Sam." Corey says point behind him.

When Sam turns around he is shocked by the sight of a small village in the the distance. Knowing that it could be a bad idea, Sam starts to jog toward the civilization.

"Sammy! Sam! They could be dangerous." Colby yells while trying to keep up with Sam's fast pace.

"Or they could have Ruby." Sam yells back.

"Sam, stop! Ruby's dead! It doesn't matter. . ." Corey yells.

The other three men are shocked when Sam stops running and quickly turns around. Colby takes a step back, knowing that Sam is never one to get angry, but when he does he's terrifying. Sam stomps his way over to Corey, a scowl on his face.

"She might be dead, but she's still a little girl who needs help." Sam says while getting in the older man's face.

"Okay, dude, I get it. I'm sorry." Corey mumbles.

Quickly, Sam turns back around and starts to run again. He smiles softly as he hears the others start to run, too. Since no one wanted anymore incidents to happen, no one talked until they got to the edge of the village.

Before the group could step into the village, six men in bullet proof suits and guns were in front of them telling them to get down. Colby looks at the main guy in charge to see him already starring at him through his helmet. Since the helmet was covering his face, Colby couldn't see the man. The main guy called everyone off and signaled for the four men to be taken into the small town in front of them.

•••
Colby looks around the cell that him and the others are in, and shudders at the thought of having to sleep there. The whole room was made of concrete with bars as a door; the only thing other than that in the room was the bucket in the corner. Before Colby could think about the small room anymore, the man from earlier comes into the room with his helmet still on.

"Who are you?" The man asks, but the others can barely understand him from his helmet muffling his speech.

"This is Colby, Jake, and Corey, and I'm S-" Sam is interrupted by the man in front of them.

"Sam."

Sam looks at his friends with a confused look, "How do you know my name?"

The man chuckles, "Because. . ."

The helmet that the man has on falls to the floor and the four men gasp.

"I'm your best friend."

A rougher looking Colby is standing in front of them. New world Colby shakes his head and chuckles at the reactions.

He walks toward Sam and bends down to face him with a smirk on his face, "Care to explain, Sammy?"

Sorry this is so late! I've been struggling to figure out what to write lol. Tell me what you think so far, please. <3