Old Scars

The sunlight is shinning through the curtains — making the room feel warm and cozy. Despite the comfort that is surrounding her, Devyn can't help but feel empty and cold. The woman didn't sleep at all last night — too worried about the events that will unfold the next day. She stares blankly at the ceiling above her — wondering if Corey has eaten, if any of the boys have eaten. The feeling of her empty stomach gives her the energy she needs to get out of bed. As she climbs out of the comfortable sheets, Devyn pulls a baggy sweatshirt over her skeleton frame and makes her way down to the living room — not even paying attention to her greasy hair, or the bags under her eyes.

The skinny girl sighs before putting on a fake smile, and makes her way into the room. She smiles slightly at Penny, who has all the supplies that they will need for the portal. Devyn lets her face drop as Penny turns her attention to Aaron and Kat, Who are just now walking in.

       Devyn rolls her eyes, 'This is going to be a long day.' She thinks to herself.

•••

Sam chuckles as he watches Jake and Corey dance around the field they have ended up in. The group of men have finally found their way out of the terrifying forest, and they all feel a weight fade away from their shoulders. While they are all happy to be out of the forest, Sam can't help but feel sympathy for the male who is still clutching onto his arm; Colby hasn't let go of the blonde since his nightmare, and Sam doesn't blame him. The brunettes friend tried to explain that he would never leave him, but Colby only held tighter.

Sam can't help but feel relief when he hears a small chuckle escape from Colby's mouth. He doesn't let his happiness show as he glances quickly at his best friend. Corey and Jake smile at Colby before starting a conversation with Sam about what they should do now.

Sam sighs, "I have no idea. The others said to wait for them here, so I guess we should get comfortable and wait for them." He explains, fighting off the feeling of exhaustion — no. He won't let himself sleep yet. Sam sets Colby's sit down and rest with the others before walking a little bit away — he told the boys that he would keep watch.

Blue eyes narrow at the bushes ahead of him, he feels uneasy as he watches them. Sam is about to turn his eyes away when a body falls out of the bushes. The man yells for his friends before running over to the body, the others following quickly. Blonde hair falls into his eyes as Sam leans over a bloody and motionless Cole. Sam lets out a gasp as he bends down to feel for a pulse, but is shocked when Cole's hand is wrapped around his throat — making it impossible for Sam to get air through his lungs. He claws at the man's hand, but stops due to shock when he watches a black smoke pour out of Cole's mouth; it flows quickly into Sam's gasping one — making Cole's body fall to the ground,

•••

     Cole grumbles as he looks around the dark forest. After the whole situation with his fear, the men decided to sit down and eat. While the other two got everything ready, Cole went to use the bathroom — that's why he's in the situation he's in now. Lost, and without his friends and supplies.

      The blue eyed man decided to take his chances and try to find his way back, which consists of many curses and punches directed at trees. Cole growls as he jumps over the same fallen tree he jumped over an hour ago. He is about to yell in frustration when he hears a crack from the left of him, he quickly looks over and narrows his eyes. The soldier sees nothing, so he carries on with his frustrated walk. The brunette doesn't hear anything else, but is shocked when an arm wraps itself around his neck — he passes out instantly, the sight of red eyes imbedded in his mind.

•••
       Devyn sighs as she watches her friends help the crazy woman who thinks she can bring her boyfriend back. The trio are mixing some kind of contraption, the fumes coming from it smell so awful that it makes Devyn want to gag. The girl has been sitting in the same chair for two hours now, and she is starting to get restless. The girl knows that the portal is what's best for the boys, but she doesn't understand why she has to sit here. . . In the kitchen, with all the food. Her stomach growls as she watches Kat take another bite of her salad, Devyn has to fight the urge to ask Kat for a bite.

     Deciding she can't stay in there any longer, Devyn stands quickly and makes an excuse that didn't even convince herself. The woman makes a run for it — toward the bathroom in her shared room with Corey. Frantically, Devyn pulls her pink razor out of her cabinet. Devyn stares at her reflection in the mirror, how did she get here? She hasn't even thought about doing this since middle school. The woman shakes her head, her tears flowing freely down her cheeks, she quickly breaks the razor. Devyn stares at the shimmering blade before getting to work on her thighs.

•••

     Kat stares at the chair that Devyn was just occupying. The younger girl wants to go check on her best friend, but she knows that Penny will need all the help she can get with the difficult spell. Kat is about to tell Aaron about Devyn running away when she hears Penny yelp in excitement. The older woman hugs Kat as she explains that the spell is done. The dark haired girl can't help but feel happiness swell in her stomach, she'll be getting her friends back soon!

     The blonde haired woman next to her says a spell that Neither Kat or Aaron understand. The trio watch in amazement as the portal starts to form. Kat feels her heart beat quicken, and hope takes over her body. Her happiness doesn't last long, because the portal disappears quickly.

     Kat's eyes water, "Whe-Where are th-they?" She whimpers. Aaron pulls his friend closer as they let tears run down their faces.

     Penny looks at them in shock, "I'm-I'm so s-Sorry!" She cries out, "I thought it would work." The defeat is evident in her voice.

     The crying trio are cut off by a girl's scream, they all look at each other quickly before running toward the room that the scream came from — Devyn and Corey's room.

•••
Sorry for the long wait! I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I hope you enjoy...? If you're still reading, please COMMENT and give me some feedback. Love y'all <3