Chapter 16

After wandering the seventh floor for nearly twenty minutes, we found it. A huge door appeared before us and when we walked in it was as if we had been transported to our beach at Black Lake only it was warm and there was a table set up for two with candles floating around us.

"Looks like the room knew that you hadn't eaten," Albus said, taking a seat at the table.

I sat down across from him and placed my wrapped present on the table. Albus pulled out a wrapped rectangular box from his robe and placed it on the table as well.

"I see you got the diamond necklace I wanted," I grinned and Albus laughed.

"Sorry, sweetheart but diamonds are usually when we hit the five-year mark."

"I'm holding you to that. A diamond-encrusted watch would be great." I laughed.

After that, we ate, me most of all. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until I started eating. I pulled out a bottle of champagne after we had finished with a sly smile.

Albus laughed. "Where did you get this?"

"I may or may not have nipped it from my parents last weekend." I shrugged, pouring us each a glass.

"It's better than fire whiskey," Albus concluded after taking a sip.

I nodded. "This is definitely more appropriate. Even though we owe our relationship to fire whiskey."

"True. Then I guess we've got to have fire whiskey on an important occasion. An anniversary perhaps."

"It's a plan."

We smiled at each other and my insides filled with butterflies, thinking about the future to come and hoping that Albus would be by my side through it all. We exchanged presents and I nervously tapped on the table while waiting for him to open it first. He opened it to reveal a plain book with no writing on the front or writing inside. Albus opened his mouth to say something but I cut in to explain.

"It's sort of like muggle instant messaging," I explained, pulling out an identical copy from my bag. "No matter the distance we can write to each other back and forth. It's a faster way than having to send letters by owls all break."

Albus smiled. "I love it. Thank you." He leaned across the table to give me a quick kiss. "Now you open yours."

I opened it and pulled out a simple black leather bracelet.

"I put a protection spell on it and it reveals secret messages depending on your mood." Albus leaned across the table and help me put it on.

I looked down at it and watched a message appear in small, white text: Your blue eyes always sparkle when you're happy. I grinned at the sappy message and intertwined our fingers.

"Thank you, Al. I love it."

"Come here," Al said, pulling me to my feet.

He pulled me to his chest, wrapping one arm around my waist and grabbing my hand with the other. I mirrored his actions and we started swaying to and fro. Instantly music started playing and I smiled.

"I'm going to miss you over break," I whispered.

"Me too. It's going to be the longest we've been apart since we got together."

"True. It'll be weird not having you in the same room."

"I'm going to be using that book constantly. I'll especially need it when I come out to my parents."

I kissed his forehead. "I wish I could be there for you like you were for me."

"I was less there for you and more the reason you came out on accident."

I shrugged. "True. I never got to say the words 'I'm bi-sexual' to my parents but they know and that's all that matters. Have you decided when you're going to tell them? The beginning of the break or towards the end?"

"I don't know. I want to get it out of the way but at the same time I want to have the safety of leaving soon, you know?"

I nodded, resting my head on top of his. "Either way, I'll be there for you in whatever way you need me."

Albus kissed me and I pulled him closer, relishing the feeling of being close to him.

"I love you," I said between kisses.

"I love you too," Albus said, moving his mouth down to leave a trail of kisses down my throat. "I don't know what I'm going to do all break without this and you."

I pulled him in for another kiss. "I guess we'll have to make up for lost time when we get back."

"Or," Albus said, pulling us both down onto the sand. "We make up for the time we're going to miss right now."

I smiled and kissed him again, pulling his body flush against mine, wondering how I had gotten so lucky.