Chapter 37

***Albus's POV***

I don't know why I felt so bad. As soon as Scorpius left, I felt tears roll down my cheeks. I've never seen Scorpius look so vulnerable and upset and it was all because of me. And that kiss. I blushed at the thought. It's not that I had never thought about it. I've had a crush on Scorp since we were kids but I never thought in a million years that he would like me back. Or that he would kiss me. And that whole thing about us dating before? None of it made any sense.

My parents came up to my room not long after Scorpius had left with worried expressions on their faces.

"Hey, honey," Mum said, taking a seat on the edge of my bed. "How are you feeling?"

I blushed, thinking that they knew about Scorpius and the kiss. "What do you mean? I'm fine."

Mum exchanged looks with Dad who sat on the bed as well.

"Why don't you take a seat," Dad said, patting the space between him and Mum.

I sighed and sat down. "You've already had me checked out. The doctor said I was fine. I was only in Azkaban for a few hours."

"That's not why we're worried," Mum said. "Scorpius came down and he was really upset. Did you two break up?"

I choked, my face heating up. "What? No, I mean—we were never—" Had everyone lost it? "I don't know what you're talking about. We're friends only. Always have and always will be."

The last thing I needed to do was come out to my parents right now. I was already the black sheep of the family. I didn't need another label to make me different. I looked at my parents and they looked distraught but I didn't understand why.

"What exactly do you remember of the last year?" Dad finally asked.

I scoffed and stood up. "First Scorp and now you guys? What is going on? What am I missing?"

Mum stood up too and placed her hand on my shoulder. "We want to help you but you've got to tell us everything you remember from the past year."

***Scorp's POV***

When we got home, Anna, Rose and their parents were there waiting for us. My parents stay in the living room to talk to Reyna, Blaise, Ron, and Hermione while the girls took me up to my room. They each pulled me into a hug and I was extremely excited to see them but I also didn't have the energy to show it.

"Tell us everything! Our parents filled us in a little but I want to hear it from you," Rose said.

I nodded and tried to smile but Anna frowned at me. "What's wrong?" She asked.

I sniffled, trying to keep the tears at bay. It had only been a few hours since I had been back and I couldn't stop crying.