eighteen

Lauren told her mother that she was going to sleep right after Camila left, meanwhile she's been sitting right at her window sill for an hour waiting for her to knock. When she finally does, she opens it immediately and lets her climb through. ⠀⠀⠀

"I am freezing," she says through chattering teeth.

"Why didn't you out your coat on?" Lauren asks, looking at her flannel pajama pants and thin sweater.

She shrugs. "It's like a thirty second walk. I figured wearing it would be too much of a hassle."

She pulls her over to her bed and climbs under the covers, motioning for Camila to join her. "Let's get you warmed up."

Nodding her head, Camila curls up next to her, and they wrap their arms around each other for body warmth. ⠀⠀⠀

"Is this better?" Lauren asks.

Camila nods and kisses her. "Much better."

When she kisses her again this time, it's harder than earlier in the night. Her lips are still soft against Lauren's, but the touch is just different. Lauren feels it, too.

They roll over, ending with Lauren on top of her. They keep kissing, faster than before, too. Both of Camila's hands lay on her butt, only moving in order to let Lauren slip her shirt off over her head. She sits up, leaning back against the headboard of Lauren's bed. Lauren's now straddling her. Their bodies are pressed so close to each other's, even closer somehow than before. Camila's fingers play with the bottom of her shirt, so she eventually pulls away to slide the black sweater off over her head.

Camila pauses to take her in for a moment, a smile coming across her face. "You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

Lauren giggles. "You've never been outside of Kansas, though. You haven't seen many girls in general."

She shakes her head. "Even if I'd been all over the world, I wouldn't find anyone quite like you."

When she was with Brad, they used to tease each other about more attractive people they could be with. Brad would stare at a pretty girl and tell Lauren she should feel lucky that he's with her because he could be with the other girl. Lauren would do the same to him. It was a type of game they'd play. Neither one of them wanted to be with someone else, but they liked to say they did to make the other one jealous. When Brad was jealous, he'd get overprotective, which Lauren loved. When Lauren was jealous, she'd make out with him just about anywhere, which any guy would love.

But Camila... She can't imagine ever looking at another girl when she's with Lauren. She's the entire universe to her. Lauren's the sun and she's just one of the planets orbiting around her. She really does love every single thing about her, and anyone who sees the way she looks at her knows it. It rivals the way Luis and Lucy look at each other, and those two have always been together. ⠀

She leans back in and kisses her. Lauren's nails dig into the bare skin of her shoulders. Camila's hands run up and down her bare back, playing with the clasp of her bra in consideration.

This is all so new to her. She's never done this with anyone. The furthest she's ever gone is making out, but this is more. It's exhilarating to her but also terrifying. All her beliefs and values slip from her mind as she gets more and more lost in Lauren

But when Lauren's hands reach for waistband of her pants, she snaps back into reality.

"Wait," she says. "I need to tell you something."

Lauren presses her forehead against Camila's and smiles. "You don't have an STD or something, do you?"

She shakes her head. "No... It's just that... You're going to think it's stupid."

"Camz, tell me. You can tell me anything," she says.

"I want to wait until I'm married," she blurts.

Lauren backs away from her, suddenly feeling dirty in just her bra and sweatpants. "Oh."

"I'm sorry. I should've told you earlier," she says.

She shakes her head. "No, don't be sorry. It's sweet."

"You think it's stupid, don't you? Sweet but stupid. Like how I felt about your CD, which I loved by the way," she rambles.

"It's not stupid, Camzi," she coos. "I just... Now I feel like I'm the girl who tried to get you to do something you didn't want to, and I hate that."

"You didn't know, and I wasn't really making it obvious. Don't feel bad for that," she says.

Lauren looks down sheepishly. "So you're not mad at me for almost trying?"

She laughs and wraps her arms around her. "I don't think I could ever be mad at you."

"You've been mad at me before," Lauren says. "When Brad was here."

Camila laughs. "Well that was because I was in love with you, and you were kissing your boyfriend right in front of me."

"And now you're my girlfriend, and I will wait if you want to wait," she tells her.

"Thank you for being so understanding," she murmurs, kissing her cheek.

⠀⠀⠀"I love you. Sex is great, but I'd rather be able to do all the other couple stuff with you," Lauren tells her. "So, how about we put our shirts back on and cuddle until you have to go home?"

"Sounds perfect."