angel ☭ erik killmonger

nya has just gotten home from shopping. she was exhausted after a long day. all she wanted to do was take care of her grieving boyfriend.

today marks the anniversary of his father's death. she hasn't seen him since this morning. he seemed to be taking it well. or at least that is what she thought.

she unlocked the door and opened it entering the house. "erik i'm home!" she announced walking into the kitchen. she kept her head down not even seeing what happened.

she sat the bags onto the counter. a gasp escaped her lips when she looked up. glass shatter was everywhere on the floor. pictures were either crooked on the wall or on the floor.

there were dry blood stains on the wall which scared her half to death. she thought someone broke it. she was about to grab a weapon but stopped when she heard a loud crash coming from upstairs.

"erik!!" she yelled but didn't get an answer. she quickly headed upstairs to their bedroom.

she was shocked to see him throwing a punch at the glass picture frame. tiny piece of glass fell to the floor and soon the picture fell as well. blood was dripping from his hands.

she was about to speak but couldn't because erik was once again punching another picture. "erik!" she shouted.

he sighed, "what?!!" he snapped looking dead into her eyes. his soft chocolate brown eyes were filled with complete rage along with anger. it scared nya. she's never seen him this angry.

he punched the wall hard making nya jump. he grunted angrily before throwing a third picture onto the ground. she quickly went over to him. "erik stop it." she begged looking up at him.

he closed his eyes and sighed. he was trying his best to keep it together in front of his girlfriend. she looked down at his right hand to see that knuckles were as bloody as ever. he even had small shards of glass in his hand.

"sit down while i go get the first aid kit." she said. he sat at the edge of the bed while looking down at the pictures.

nya quickly walked into their bathroom to get the essentials for his injured hand. she came out and started getting to work. erik stayed silent through the entire process. he didn't even flinch when she took the glass out of his hands.

"are you okay?" she asked while looking straight at him. he was looking down at his lap. he quickly shook his head, "no." he simply said.

he stood up from the bed and headed towards the bathroom. nya carefully watched him. she was afraid that he would snap again.

she soon heard the water running in the shower. she stood up from the bed and walked in to see his clothes on the floor. she stripped out her clothes making the pile even more colorful.

she quietly entered the shower making sure not to make a sound when sliding open the glass door. erik was just standing there letting the water run down his face and body.

she closed it and grabbed a fresh bar of soap and started cleaning his back. he looked over his shoulder and looked at her. he lightly sighed. he was ready to break down but decided not to. erik didn't want to look or show any signs of weakness in front of nya.

nya cleansed her boyfriend since he didn't have the strength to. once he got out, nya took her a shower. she got out and wrapped a soft towel around her body.

she walked into their bedroom to see him in a pair of grey sweatpants and a t-shirt. he was just sitting at the edge of the bed with his head down in disappointment. nya walked past him and quickly threw on some undergarments, a hoodie, and some nike pros.

nya went and sat beside him carefully making sure that she didn't step on any shards of glass. she wrapped her arm around him and started caressing his broad shoulder.

erik finally broke down. tears started falling from his eyes. his silent crying broke nya's heart. she hated seeing him like this, but she knew that this needed to happen. erik builds all of this anger and hatred up inside him which is toxic and unhealthy.

 erik builds all of this anger and hatred up inside him which is toxic and unhealthy

"it's okay baby." nya cooed trying her best to calm him down. "i miss him so much." erik managed to croak out. he laid his head on nya's shoulder. she ran her fingers through his hair.

"i know you do."

they both sat there in silence until nya convinced him to get into the bed and lay down. she played with his hair until he eventually fell asleep. she then got up and cleaned up the mess.

she wasn't upset at all. nya knew her boyfriend was angry, he had every right to be. her heart broke when picking up all the pictures that erik destroyed. each picture was of erik and his father when he was a young, growing child.

erik always talked about his father to nya. by what she heard, he was a brave, courageous man who loved his family and country. even though he was committed to his country, he always put his wife and child first.

even though he betrayed Wakanda, he still had a golden heart since he tried to help those who were sick or struggling. he wasn't a selfish man. he always helped others no matter what. when he died, erik lost a part of him as well.

nya has always stood by him no matter how angry he would get at times. that was something that erik appreciated.

after cleaning around the house, nya got dressed into some better looking clothes and headed out. she drove out to the cemetery where prince N'Jobu was buried at.

there was no one at the cemetery. the scenery was beautiful. the green grass was cut to perfection while the cemetery headstones were shiny and clean. there were tall, pine trees scattered everywhere.

even with it raining, nya still though it was a gorgeous scenery. the cold raindrops hit her but she didn't even flinch. her curly hair started getting wet once again but she didn't care. she walked through the cemetery making her way to N'Jobu's grave.

he had his own spot which was done by erik. she stood there in silence for a few minutes just staring at his black headstone. she laid the black roses down and traced her finger across his headstone.

"i didn't know you at all but i have heard great stories from your son...." nya started. she deeply sighed, "from what i have heard, you seem like you were an amazing human being. you are dearly missed from your son and i. rest easy prince N'Jobu."

nya stood up from the grass and looked down at the headstone one last time before walking off. she headed back home to take care of her sleepy, grieving boyfriend who slept throughout the entire night. his heart was heavy and full of guilt.

but having nya by his side made everything feel like it was going to be okay in the end.

i'm not phased with this but hopefully you all like it.🤷🏽‍♀️ an m'baku imagine is coming soon!! please comment your thoughts and opinions and vote! thanks so much for reading.