Unwanted Stares

All you have to do is ignore the stares and not get angry

All you have to do is ignore the stares and not get angry. Easier said then done. Especially when you left a week ago having "mono" and come back with hair barely touching your shoulders, a tribal tattoo, tons of muscle, and at least a foot taller. I knew the rumors were going to spread quick, since nothing happens in La Push. "Since when does Mia look like that?" "Has she always hung out with Sam?" "I bet you she's a druggie now," I heard all at once with my new found hearing. I guess that's what you get when you phase for the first time.

Surprisingly, I'm the first person to join Sam Uleys' pack. And even more surprising, I'm a girl. The first ever girl to be able to be a shapeshifter. Being a shapeshifter isn't that bad, but it's annoying that it's only Sam and I. I have to constantly be on patrol for these stupid bloodsuckers that come onto our land. But, we won't be alone for long. We suspect that Jared Cameron is going to phase soon. He's been showing all the signs of growing, muscles, and a temper. So, Sam has assigned me to keep a lookout for him during school. That's what I'm doing right now. Searching through the halls of this small school so I can make sure he doesn't burst into a wolf in the hallway. It wasn't going to hard though, he was in three of my classes and lunch. I spotted him in the hallway and was instantly shocked. He was now about 6ft tall and very muscular. He was definitely going to phase within the next few days. He started to walk in the opposite direction for class. I was going to follow him, when my bubbly best friend stepped infront of me.

"Hey Mia! Looks like mono treated you good," Kim joked while looking me up and down.

"Yeah guess so," I chuckled looking down. I felt bad leaving her alone for a week, but I didn't want to hurt her. And she wasn't allowed to know about the pack.

"So, now that my girl is back and running," she said linking our arms and walking to our first class, "I was wondering if you wanted to go to Port Angelos this weekend?"

Oh god, how was I going to tell her I would be on patrol, "actually, I'm going to be working on something with Sam."

She looked at me confused, "Sam Uley? Leah's ex-boyfriend?"

"Yeah, Why?" I asked her.

"Nothing," she muttered while we walked into class and sat at our desks in the middle row, "I'll just find something else to do."

Before I could respond to that, the teacher walked in and started the lesson. I sighed while putting my chin in my hand.

This was going to be a long day.

••••••••••

The rest of the day was alright. Kim barely talked to me during lunch, and I had a feeling it was about Sam. She was never really fond of the boy, especially after he broke up with Leah for Emily. Although, she didn't know half the story. Sam imprinted on Emily. Which basically translated to them being soul mates. But, it's really when gravity suddenly moves. It's not the earth holding you down, it's them. You would do anything for them, be anything. A friend, a protector, or a lover. At first, Emily resisted the imprint, since Sam just dumped her cousin. One day, Sam got mad and phased right in front of her, causing him to claw her face. I still remember seeing the image go through my head of her laying in the floor, surrounded by a pool of blood. A curse of wolf telepathy. After Emily woke up from her coma, she accepted the imprint, which now led to them getting engaged. I was happy for them, But also sad. The elders didn't know if I would ever imprint, which meant I could possibly never find true love. But the ancestors do everything for a reason, so I will trust them with this.