Jacob + Bella = Trouble

"Good morning," I basically sang as I walked down the stair for breakfast. I noticed Paul, Jared and Embry sitting at the table while Emily was bringing over her famous blueberry muffins.

"Morning," Paul said as he grabbed one of Emily's muffins that she had in the plate in her hands, Embry and Jared doing the same. God, they don't even say thank you to Emily even after she slaves after us.

"You guys shouldn't be eating those muffins. Do you realize how much Emily works for us without even a thank you?" I questioned.

"You're right, I've never gotten a thank you from any of the boys. Got anything to say about that?" Emily questioned with a smirk as she turned to face the boys.

"Uh, we love you?" Paul said, but I really sounded more like a question.

"And your cooking," Jared added with a hopeful smile.

"And thank you," Embry said as he grabbed another muffin.

Emily and I shared a look. "You guys are ridiculous," I said while laughing and sitting down with them. "Those were the most unconvincing thank yous' ever." Emily added. "At least they tried," I said, slightly helping the boys. They all seemed to smile at that. "I guess your right," Emily sighed with a smile as she walked back into the kitchen to cook some more.

"Besides, it's not like we could ever live without your cooking," Embry added while poring some orange juice.

"That's true. One time I almost set my house on fire while boiling water," Paul said making all of us laugh.

"How'd you manage to do that?" I questioned, feeling intrigued by his recent statement.

"I was hungry. And, I don't know, I guess I evaporates all the water and the metal started to melt," he concluded.

"Now that is something I've never heard of before," Jared added.

"And why he always eats here," I said while pointing my fork at Paul.

"Look, it was one time!" Paul defended, "and now I can enjoy Emily's amazing cooking."

"Yeah, yeah. Keep talking, kiss up," Emily said while placing a plate of bacon on our table.

"Hey guys," Sam said while walking through the door. He turned to Emily, "Hey beautiful." He started placing kisses all over her face, making her giggle. The boys started making gagging noises, making Sam turn to them, "if you all continue with that then you'll all have extra patrol for a week." That shut them up quick.

"How was patrol?" I asked while shoving more eggs in my mouth.

"Good, I caught a scent but it seemed like it was from a while ago. Maybe Embry could check it out sometime," Sam said while piling food onto his plate. He was right, Embry did have the best sense of smell.

"On it," Embry muttered while chewing his food. "Do you think it's a threat though?"

"Probably not. We have had nomads just pass through in the past. We'll just take extra precautions for the next few weeks," Sam concluded as he sat down.

"So what's the plan for today? Who's on patrol?" Jared asked as his grabbed more bacon.

"Actually, we're taking a break from patrol today." At that statement everyone in the room froze, including Emily.