Reality Hits... Hard

"Vampires?" Jared asked whole sitting back into his chair. We had told him everything so far. How we were wolves, how we can hear each other's thoughts, heightened senses, alphas orders get obeyed no matter what, even imprinting. But for some reason he couldn't grasp onto the fact that this happened because of a damn cold blooded creature.

"The preferable term is leech or bloodsucker," I smirked. Although that was knocked off my face when I saw Sams face, "sorry."

"How will I even know when ones around?"

"Oh please," I scoffed, "you'll be able to smell the sickly sweet scent from a mile away."

"And, we will be training you for the next few days," Sam said to him, "you will be missing school while Mia gets your work for you."

"How will I be able to convince my parents to let me skip?" Jared asked Sam while I grabbed us leftover muffin from earlier today. Jared smiled at me when I handed him one, and Sam just muttered a quick thank you before turning back to Jared.

"You'll say that you have mono," Sam replied.

Jared turned to me, "wait, so that's why you left school for a week and came back so..." he paused, I raised my eyebrows, "different?"

"Bingo," I smirked before biting into my muffin.

"What am I going to tell my friends?" Jared asked.

"Actually, I've been meaning to talk to both of you about that," Sam said looking at us. I gave him a confused look, what could he want to talk about? "I don't want either of you too communicate with others unless it's family or an imprint."

"What?" We both explained at the same time," what about Kim," I asked.

"It's for everyone's safety," he told us," do you want what happened to Emily to happen to them? You guys can't go through that," he sighed, "I didn't do this at first cause I didn't want you to be alone, Mia. But now that you have Jared, you have to do this. It'll start when he comes back next week."

"I can't believe this," I said, "she's my best friend."

"This is for her protection. You are not to go near her, that's final," he said, using his alpha voice. Damn.

"Fine." I muttered.

"Good," He said before turning to Jared, "go get some rest. Meet me at the tree line here tomorrow at 8. I'm going to show you around the woods."

"Got it," he said before turning to me, "and don't worry about Kim, she'll be fine. At least we have each other."

"thanks," I said smiling at him as he walked towards the door," night brother!"

"night, sister," he laughed out before running into the woods. At least I wouldn't be alone, I thought. But there was one thing I couldn't figure out.

How would I tell Kim I had to leave her for her long time crush?

••••••••••

"So how much longer do we have of this?" Jared asked my through the link as we were on patrol. It's been about a week since he has shifted, and we've learned that he has amazing eyesight. He can see for miles and miles while Sam and I can only see for about 2. Sam's also letting him go back to school tomorrow, under my supervision of coarse. We don't need a wolf in the middle of the hallway.

"Only about an hour, then Sam will switch off with us so we can sleep a little before we go to school." That's the good thing about Sam, we can at least sleep for about 6 hours before we have to get up in the morning.