The Link

Incoherent words surrounded Mia in her slumber. She stirred slightly, but not enough to be noticed. Her eyes seemed like bricks, making it impossible to open them. She was able to smell baked goods, signaling she was at Emily's. The soft and warm feeling under her told her she was laying down, probably on Sam's couch. She gained some of her gearing back, making her bake to transcribe some words.

"Why hasn't she waken up yet?" She heard a masculine voice ask. "She's still tired, let her sleep. She needs rest after what just happened," a deeper voice, probably Sam, answered. "This is all my fault," she heard a voice say that made her heart skip a beat. She opened her eyes, making her shut them quickly and let out a groan. She felt the tension in the room decrease as she moved around slightly on the couch. She opened her eyes again and sat up slowly, holding her hand against her head. She leaned back on the couch, looking towards the pack who was watching her intently.

"What happened?" She asked, even though she already knew the answer. Her eyes furrowed, not seeing the one person she wanted too. "Where's Quil?" After she asked that question, the pack separated slightly, revealing her imprint who was looking down. She slowly approached him, the pack watching her every move. When she reached him, she placed a hand on his shoulder, forcing him to look up. When he did, he got the same exact feeling she did months ago.

He saw his life flash before his eyes, his everything. His only point to living. He came back to his senses, still a bliss from the future of his life. He grabbed his imprint face, bringing her lips to his. She responded almost instantly, bringing her arms around his neck and kissing him back with as much passion. His arms wrapped around her waist, almost securing that this was reality. They broke apart from their kiss, only to place to smaller pecks. They leaned their foreheads together, looking into each other's eyes.

"You're okay," Mia said happily, looking at her imprint who seemed much better since the last time she saw him. "I'm just happy your okay, I don't want you feeling my pain," he said, shaking his head slightly at the thought. "That doesn't matter now," Mia said with a small smile, "all that matters is that your here." Quil smiled back at her, placing another sweet and loving kiss on her lips. They broke apart, hugging each other tightly as they did so. They never wanted to be apart ever again.

"Ahem," someone, Sam, clearly their throat made then remember the pack was still there. Grudgingly, they turned to the pack, their arms wrapped around each other's waist. All had smiles or smirks on their face, making Mia blush. "Congratulations you two," Sam said, hugging both of them. "Yeah, congrats," Embry said, happy for his best friend. "Now we have the double imprint, so what happens?" Paul asked, slightly confused at what this brought. "We lose all of our thoughts," Jared said, laughing lightly.

"What do they mean?" Quil asked, still not informed of the prediction. "The elders believe that with the double imprint, we will all be able to read each other's mind whenever," Mia explained to her boyfriend. "Then why can't we hear them right now?" Quil asked, bringing up a good point. We couldn't hear any of each other's thoughts, our brains were silent. We turned to Sam, hoping he had an answer. His facial expression told then other wise though. "We'll figure that out later. You too just hang out," Sam instructed the imprints, giving then the rest of the day off to do whatever they wanted.

••••••••••

They walked silently on the beach, hand in hand. They enjoyed each other's presence as they watched the sun set over the ocean, painting an orange and red sky. Quil was thinking about how happy he was to be apart of this part of her life, while Mia was just happy to be with him.

"Are you happy to finally be an official member of the pack?" She questioned, bumping their shoulders together. He let out a small chuckle, "You have no idea." She laughed slightly at his honestly, before growing silent again. "I kinda feel bad about how I judged you guys though,"  he said, breaking the silence this time. She furrowed her eyes in confusing, not getting what he was talking about. When he saw this, he elaborated to clear up what he meant. "I mean, before I found out that this was a pack, I thought you guys were some druggie gang,"
He admitted shyly. This only made her laugh though, "Everybody did, so don't worry. It's not like you could have known."

"Yeah, but I could have not assumed," he protested, "I could have gotten to know you, become friends. But instead, I judged you the minute I saw you come back to school that day. I acted like some jerk," he stated, wishing he could go back in time and change what he did. "Hey, listen to me," She turned to him whiel she stopped walking. He stopped too, looking right back at her. "You did not act like a jerk. Did you speed rumors? No. Did you taunt me? No. The only thing you did is think in your head what possible could have happened. You're entitled to your thoughts, and there's nothing wrong with that. So, yeah, maybe you thought I was a druggie. But what matters is that you're here with me now."

Quil looked down at his new imprint, loving the way she inspired him. He kissed her gently, taking in the feeling of having her lips on his once again. He knew that she was the only one for him. "I love you," he murmured softly against her lips. She stepped back to look at him, a shocked expressionism her face. He got nervous, wondering if he should have waited. Those nerves went away though when he saw her smile brightly. She stepped towards him once again before leaning up to whisper in his ear, "I love you too."

••••••••••

"This isn't working, Sam," Paul grumbled annoyed as they tried to read each other's minds. They've been at this for an hour, and all they got was more hungry. They've even tried sitting in a circle to make it work, which is what they were doing right now. "This is so stupid," Jared stated grimly, much rather being with Kim then here. "This might not even work, can we try another time?" Mia asked Sam, hoping she and quil could get some mor alone time.

"No."

"Ugh!" The pack said simultaneously, mad that they were stuck here 'till they figured it out. "This is never going to work," Jacob whined, leaning his head in his hand. "We've tried everything, there's nothing else we could do," Embry argued. "Is it possible that this will only work for the two of us," Quil asked hopefully, wishing to keep his brother thoughts out of his. "No, the pack has a linked brain. This double imprint only bright us closer," Sam said sternly, making the pack shut up.

Five minutes later Paul had had enough, "I hate this!" He shouted, a pissed look on his face. "You could say that again," Mia thought to herself, leaning back on her hands. She began to think of the walls of her mind breaking down. "Mia?" Jared asked hopefully, a look of shock on his face when he heard her. She stared at him surprisingly, wondering how that worked. "Woah dudes, this is cool," Paul commented in their heads, smirking as he thought that. "I'm going to have a massive headache after this," Embry groaned, laughing slightly as he said this. "What happens now?" Quil asked Sam, who has still yet to use the new link. "We tell the elders," he smiled, letting the pack know he was proud of them. They all high fived and celebrated a little, happy they could please their alpha.

"Just one more thing," Sam thought with a smirk, making the pack groan, "oh stop whining. Just pair up and see if you could talk to specific people." The pack paired up, Mia and Quil obviously together. The pair started imagining only opening the walls of their mind to each other. It wasn't long until the words rang only through their heads.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Authors note:
Cue the applause, new moon is finally done! I will be continuing the story with eclipse but I won't be posting it for a bit. Thanks for reading!

Also thank you for all of the amazing support I've been receiving from all of you! It means so much to me and really inspires me to continue on with this story. Love you all!