Bonfire

"I still can't believe what Paul did to that freshman," Quil said to me over the phone. It's been a day since Paul beat up the kid in the parking lot, and rumors were buzzing around like usual. Quil and I haven't talked to each other for a few days, so when he called me I was more then happy.

"Yeah neither can I," I lied, "I just hope that freshman's ok."

"Yeah me too," I heard him sigh and then laugh, "I probably would be crying like a little baby."

"I don't doubt that," I joked.

"Hey! That's offensive," Quil defended, even though I knew he was joking.

"You know I was joking," I said.

"Yeah, sure," he chuckled, making me laugh. "What are you doing this Friday?"

"Um," the bonfire was on Friday, what would I say? "Give me a second." I hoped off my bed and ran down the stairs, jumping the last 6 steps and landing on my feet.

"Woah, someone's in a hurry," Paul joked from his spot on the couch. Did I forget to mention that he's staying here till he's under control? So much fun! (Note the sarcasm)

"Shut it, hothead," I said as I walked towards Sam and Emily who were in the kitchen.

"Hey Mia, are you alright?" Sam asked, noticing my nervous state.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But, can I invite Quil to the bonfire Friday?" I asked.

"If you invited him, that means you'd have to tell him. Everything," Sam said.

"I know, I just need to know if that's alright," I said. I was ready to tell him, he deserved to know. Besides, it would happen to him soon enough.

"It's alright with me. Jared's telling Kim Friday anyways. So the elders will be okay with it." Sam said with a small smile. I ran up to him and gave him a big hug as he sat in his chair.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said before I ran back up the stairs. I closed my door and jumped back on my bed before picking up my phone.

"I'm back," I said in a sing song way.

"Thank god, I thought you ditched me," Quil said while laughing, "anyways, Friday?"

"Actually, some of us are going to a bonfire Friday, you wanna join?" I asked. Please, please, please say yes.

"Who's going?" He asked.

"Just the elders and some other friends," I answered.

"Yeah I'll come," he said. Yes! "But...," oh crap, what now? "Only if it's a date."

"Yes, it's a date," I said giggling.

"Great, well, I gotta go. See you Friday."

"See you Friday Quil." I said before hanging up. Yay! I had another date with Quil! And he was gonna finally know the truth.

But what would happen if he hated me after I told him?

••••••••••

"So, you nervous about telling Kim?" I asked Jared as we both piled our plates with bread, ribs, some wings, and some corn muffins. The bonfire had just began, and all the usual members were here. Paul would also be listening for the first time, and was currently talking to the elders about his first phasing. The only people we were waiting for were the people that me and Jared dreaded on finding out, Kim and Quil.

"I'm as nervous as you are," Jared said while walking towards a log to sit on.

"I'm not that nervous," I defended.