Alternate Epilogue.

Edward's pov

Today marks two years since Melissa's death. I could barely function the following weeks after her death. Alina and Elena did all they could to cheer me up but it seemed as if a part of my heart was missing. I berated myself for not noticing anything strange in Melissa's behavior. Maybe if I had noticed anything, I could have convinced her to abandon Alice. I felt guilty at that. A part of me felt there was nothing I could have done. Melissa made her choice. Though she was working with Alice, she gave up her life to save Alina and I. Just like a true big sister. I remembered when I was younger, around seven or eight years and I climbed up a mango tree to pluck some mangoes. My hands slipped from the tree branch and I felt my body fall down. I was expecting to hit a hard ground but she was there to catch me. Then she smiled at me and said while checking my body for injuries.
"I'll always protect you"
She kept her promise. She protected me till the end. She would want me to continue my life which I plan on doing. It seems I have a very pissed off princess to apologize to and claim as mine. Elena here I come.

*  *  *  *  *

William's pov

I heard the servants gossip about Alina. They said she plans on returning to her palace soon. Well there's absolutely no way I'll let her leave me. I walked swiftly to her chambers and knocked on the door. I waited and heard a faint come in before opening the door and entering. She was standing with her back towards me on the balcony. I walked over to her and slung my arm over her shoulder. She smiled at me. A real smile. Not something forced. I felt my heart lit up in flames. Perhaps there was hope for us.
"Alina we need to talk" I said. She pulled away from me and went to sit on a chair and said
"What do we need to talk about?"
I took a deep breath and asked
"Alina I heard you are going back to your palace, Is it true?"
I held my breath dreading her answer but still felt the need to know.
"Yeah it's true. There's nothing here for me anymore. I think it's time I go back home" she said.
I stood up fast the chair fell backwards and yelled at her frustrated.
  "What about me? Do I not matter to you?"
She closed her eyes for a few seconds and opened them. She took a deep breath and said slowly as if speaking to a child.
  "We can't be together William. I'll lose my magic if I risk it"
I rolled my eyes at her excuse and asked "How are you so sure there's no way out? Did you even try to find out?"
She smiled at me sadly and said
"I didn't but that doesn't matter. It's a rule that has been drummed into our heads from our tender age"
I raked my hair with my fingers and said "Okay, call your sisters. Let's ask them. If they say there's no way, I won't bother you anymore"
She scowled at me but nodded. She threw her hands in the air chanting in ancient language. Soon a bright light appeared and six ladies came forth. They looked as breathtaking as Edward described. They smiled at me and said "You summoned us sister"
Alina nodded and pointed at me
"King William is the one who wishes to speak to you all"
I knew what she was doing
She was trying to frighten me but try again Alina, I'm not even moved. I turned to the sisters of light and said
"Pardon me my ladies. I'm in love with Alina but she's saying there's no way we can be together because of a rule which states any sister of light involved in sexual relationship will lose her magic. Please is there a way out?" They smiled at me when I concluded and said
"King William, the rule is true" Disappointment and heart break watched through me but they continued. "But the rule does not apply to you Alina"
Alina gasped out shocked and said in a shaky voice "W-what d-do y-you mean?"
They smiled at her and replied.
"The rule was meant for sisters of light which you are not. You are the empress of light so the rule does not apply to you" I felt giddy inside. My heart was jubilating. Alina spoke up
"What about time? I am immortal and he is a mortal." They looked at each other and said "Yes we took that into consideration and that's why we want to do this." They walked closer to me and said "William for your bravery and courage in helping Alina defeat Alice, we offer you a gift. Immortality"
I stared wide eyed at them wondering if this was a joke. They stretched their hands towards me and I felt light headed. I collapsed on the ground unconscious.

*  *  *  *  *

Alina's pov

I sat at William 'snap bedside waiting for him to regain consciousness. I was happy and ecstatic that I will get to spend a life time with William. I couldn't possibly ask for anything more. William opened his eyes and looked around. When he saw me, he asked "Was that all a dream?"  I beamed at him and smirked "Nope, it's all real. Congratulations to the new immortal." He rolled his eyes and stood up. He pulled me up and kissed me. I leaned into his lips eager for more. But to my displeasure, he pulled back and said
"So Empress Alina, will you do the honour of being my queen?"
My heart was beaming so hard I could barely breathe. I smirked at him and replied "Absolutely sire"
Well I think it's time to order Edward to plan a wedding.

THE END

Is it to your liking?