THIRTEEN

To the rescue!

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

"If you think this concrete fortress is going to protect you from the Autobots, then I will drop dead laughing hard." I joked with a smirk as Joyce rolled his eyes.

"Do you have an off switch?"

"Sure do. It's next to your death bed." I joked again. Goodness, me and my dark sense of humor go together like Captain America with his shield, I swear. The elevator began to shake. For reason, I had a feeling it was the Autobots because since when did Chicago have an earthquake?

"They're here." Joyce said as I smirked over at him. "Like I said, it's funny."

As soon as we reached the lower level, I was immediately pushed off the elevator and in the lab where there, I began to see Sparks flying everywhere. Things were being thrown around, glasses were shattering. Okay, I don't know where to be proud or be disappointed.

I freaking missed the entire thing!

"Hey, hey! That's government property!" Joyce shouted to Optimus as he approached.

"No! They were my friends." Optimus glared down at Joyce before Hound came up and pointed it at Joyce.

"Just give me the word, boss. I'll splatter him." Hound threatened as I shook my head at him. He got the memo and slowly backed away, but not let his gun leave aim.

"Why don't you tell itchfingers here that this is all the spoils of war!" Joyce announced as I clenched my fists. "Dead metal! I learned how to advance your knowledge into my own. I broke your gene code, because you can't beat technology."

"WE'RE NOT YOUR TECHNOLOGY!" Optimus yelled as he kicked a part for, I guess it was his 'technology ', into a glass board. Now was my chance while I had it.

I reached for the guard's gun and shot him in the knee before shooting the other three guards in either the foot or the calf.

I pointed the gun at Joyce, who quickly held his hands up. I smirked before I broke the cuffs of my wrists.

"You know, I will be so happy if you would be a kind gentlemen and let me leave. I didn't kill you or your men, so that should at least give me a jail free ca-" While I was rambling on with my joke, I caught something out the corner of my eye. I stopped talking, mid-sentence, and quickly looked over.

There was a body. A female body. I took a closer look, stepping a bit closer while still keeping my gun trained on Joyce.

"Who the hell is that?" I yelled to him as I got a closerblook. I didn't recognize the face, but I did, however, catch the blue ribboned, purple and white stringed bracelet on the right wrist of the female.

I gave that bracelet to my best friend, Alice, a couple days before my parents got killed. Either they stole it from Alice and gave it to this poor woman. Or they found a way to evolve Alice's body to make her an older teen like me.

I didn't know. I didn't care. They hurt my best friend. They get what's coming for them.

I threw the gun on the ground and I marched over to Joyce, grabbing him by the throat and slamming him to the ground, while raising my fiery fist in the air.

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blast you out of existence now! You got three seconds!" I shouted into his face as I got ready.

"Because unless you want me to destroy these Autobots right now, I suggest you lower your fist." Joyce said with a smirk. I glared at him before I grabbed his collar and slammed him hard back on the ground.

"Optimus, get your team out of here. I'll get her." I said as I looked up. "Please, just go."

Optimus was hesitant at first before he ordered the Autobots to leave with him. I walked over to the containe, punched at it and watched Alice's body drop limp on the ground.

"Come on, Al. Let's get you out of here." I mumbled to her as I rose from the ground.

"You can't take her! She's government property!" Joyce shouted as I stopped midair.

"See, that's where you're wrong, Joyce.." I began as I looked back at him. "She's a human being. Like everyone else who isn't like you."

And with that, I flew out of there. Hoping I wouldn't have to blast him.