The Texts

I woke up and saw the bright orange sky through my basement window. I looked at my watch. It was 6:00 am. I couldn't believe I woke up this early!

I tried to go back to bed, but I just couldn't. I groaned and got out of bed. Maybe I could use this time for some gaming!

I went into the game room, which was right outside of my bedroom, and looked through my games, searching for one to play.

Before I could choose one, my phone got a notification. I pulled it out and it showed I got a text from someone I didn't know. The message itself, however, was interesting.

"ATTN: If this is the gamer who goes by the name 'Awsome2464', please reply with '1'."

I was really confused. It sounded like a scam, but how did they know my name?

For the heck of it, I replied with '1'. Right away, I got a response.

"Hello, Awsome2464. Do you like video games?"

I scoffed and replied, "No...I LOVE them."

Another instant response.

"How would you like to be in your favorite video games all the time?"

I wanted to believe this was a scam, but I also was curious as to where this was going.

"I wouldn't mind that. How could I do that?"

I was expecting a response like 'send me your credit card info' or 'subscribe to this magazine'. However, I got an unexpected response:

"Just reply GAME ON."

This sounded like a joke now. But I couldn't help but wonder...

"Do I have to do it now?"

"Do it whenever you want."

"... ok, I'll consider it."

"Hopefully we'll see you soon! :)"

I then put the phone away and rolled my eyes. I'd have to be REALLY desperate to try that. Of course, you never know...

I then pulled out Saints Row 2 and decided to replay the story. Maybe THAT would distract me from the texts.