Welcome!

I opened my eyes and saw nothing but darkness. I immediately wondered what was going on. Was I dreaming? Was I kidnapped?!

Suddenly, a spotlight shone on me. I squinted hard as my eyes adjusted. I still couldn't see anything around me, though.

Then, another light shone. This time, I saw someone standing fairly close to me. He was really tall, wearing a black suit, had parted black hair, a goatee, and a smile.

"I knew you'd be here soon enough," he told me with confidence.

"What's happening?" I demanded to know. "Where am I?!"

"No need to panic," he assured me as he put up his hand. "You're safe here."

"What do you mean? Where am I?!"

"Let's just say you're...not in your universe anymore."

"What?! Where am I, then?"

He then gave a deep chuckle, as if I was supposed to know.

"You, Awsome2464, are in... The Gaming Universe!"

"The... Gaming Universe?"

"Did I stutter?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Now, Awsome2464..." he interrupted

"Excuse me," I interrupted back. "That's not my real name. My name is actually..."

"UNIMPORTANT!" He said boldly.

It actually startled me. He then coughed and readjusted himself.

"What I mean is," he continued in a normal tone, "in The Gaming Universe, Earth names are not important. The only name that matters is your username. That is the name you will be known as."

"Oh..."

I was actually a fan of my Earth name. But I suppose Awsome2464 was a catchier one.

"Now, I'm sure you're wondering how I found you and why you're here."

"That is exactly what I'm wondering!"

"Well, the only real way to be invited into The Gaming Universe is to be recommended by someone and to have a wonderful love for video games of any sort!"

"Recommended...? By who?"

"Why, by a close friend!"

"Who would that be?"

"That would be me!"

I turned towards the familiar voice. At first, it was just darkness again. But then, another light shone, this time revealing a very familiar individual.

It was a girl a few years younger than me. She had short, black curly hair and big brown eyes. And a smile I couldn't help but recognize.

"Pat?!" I said with a gasp.

"That's me!" She replied with a grin.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you think? I'm helping you get settled in The Gaming Universe!"

"How long have YOU been here?"

"Only about a week. My friend JJ invited me. And after a week here, I knew I'd be a terrible friend if I didn't let you in on this place! So I told Switch here about you."

"And I looked at your gaming records," Switch continued. "You're quite the gamer, Mr. 2464."

"Well, games are my life!" I replied. "It's always been that way!"

"Then I think you're really going to like it here!" Switch said with a smile. "Are you ready for your tour?"

"I don't see why not!"

"Then let's go!"

I suddenly saw a giant window emerge from behind Switch, filling the room with more light. I could make out buttons and levers and other contraptions. It's like we were in some sort of spaceship.

"Hold on!" Switch told Pat and I.

With that, I could feel us moving at a fast pace. I immediately fell on my butt, as well as Pat.

I had a feeling this was going to be very interesting.