Chapter 33

Magnus made himself a tea and looked for something sweet in the kitchen before returning back to the living room where Alec layed on the couch. Magnus smiled and turned the TV off to sit beside him. He brushed his hair back and kissed his cheek when he suddenly didn't felt Alecs breathing. Magnus froze and layed his ear on Alecs chest but he didn't heard his heartbeat. Magnus started to shake him "Alec?!" But no response, he was still, Magnus felt his panic rising "Alexander please..Alec", but suddenly the TV turned on and the woman in the news spoke "Alec Lightwood, the head of the new York institute died from a heart attack, his boyfriend Magnus Bane couldn't do anything but just watch, now he will be alone forever because he was dumb enough to fall inlove with a mortal creature" then she looked straight into Magnus eyes "rip his heart and you can be together forever". Screaming Magnus jumped up in his bed. "Magnus hey hey" Whispered sleepy Alec beside him "shhh it's a nightmare", Magnus felt his tears and hid in face in Alecs neck "oh Alexander" he brushed over Alecs chest and Alec started to understand what his nightmare was about. How people who loved him will suffer like he suffered from Jace death. Alec wanted to erase memory from everyone just to die peacefully and knowing no one will suffer. But nothing was that easy. He kissed Magnus forehead and whispered "shhhh it's okay, I'm here and I love you", Magnus nodded and tangled their fingers together "I..I love you too Alexander, so much", "I would do everything to stop this torture, sometimes I don't feel like living anymore, I feel like waiting for my death and being afraid to hurt others", "Don't say that" sobbed Magnus "maybe there is a cure? Maybe a silent brother will help?", "We can try", "yes please, I wanna try everything", Alec brought Magnus face in his hands and kissed his tears away "please don't cry, i can't see you suffering", Magnus nodded and layed his cheek on Alecs shoulder.