Chapter three: Month two

Now that I have formally introduced you to Him let's get into where the destruction of my life started. Our falling out started out as a petty argument. It's so petty I can't remember what it was about. All I remember is that I never talked to him again.

I could have stayed angry but I didn't, I just never talked to him again. Later that week I went to my therapist. I see her about once or twice a month, it depends on my schedule. Anyways, she showed me the wheel of power and control. It all made sense to me after that. She told me I was a product of emotional abuse.

I was instructed to immediately disassociate myself with him and others who are associated with him. So that's what I did, I got rid of everyone.

My first mistake: I dropped everyone who could possibly harm me and I put thicker walls up. This, in turn, has made me unable to trust anyone. Everyone is a danger.

After this everyone who believed what happened blamed it on me, I deserve what happened to me. On the other hand, there were many people who thought I was a liar and did this for attention.

The rest of this month was pretty regular; although I still sat at the same lunch table, nobody talked to me. They would talk, not to me but to each other and I couldn't hear them. I saw their mouths moving but no words were coming through. I only heard slight muffled noises and that ringing but this time, I wasn't going to pass out.

About a week later I decided I couldn't sit there so I moved. I left and never came back. One of my close friends, Taylor, had me sit at her table. I wish I had known then that she would end up being the only person who would believe me through everything. To this day she believes me, she knows the truth because she watched it happen. She saw it all.

Taylor made the realization of what he was like way before anyone else did. Once I realized what was really going on, I saw this weight be immediately lifted from her shoulders. I was relieved that I wasn't alone.

Sometimes I wish I had seen it coming before it happened, I should have learned from my mistakes with my dad. I wish I could change my outcome, but this is just me reciting what has already taken place.