Chapter six: Month four

The previous chapter was only a slight red flag towards this chapter. As probably guessed, this chapter will be about love.

I had a relationship with this girl named Audrey. Her and I were the power couple of the school. We both had fire like spirits and to be completely honest with you, we were competitive over one another. Allow me to elaborate; as separate people we both strived to be the best. We both wanted to be above everyone else no matter what it took, we would take down anyone in our way. At the time we were both outgoing, open minded people and for the beginning of our relationship we got along lavishly. Like most teenage relationships it ended extremely early.

I really had hoped that would have been the end of it. I really wanted it to be the end. She began to preach like a Baptist, she was talking about 'fake' people. Fake, meaning someone who pretends to be friends with a person but goes and talks about them behind their back. At that point in time, her and I were not in contact but I could tell she was talking about me. For about a month my friends were telling me things she was saying about me, it all seemed very repetitive. Finally, I talked to her about it.

Upon this conversation, she made herself the victim in the argument. She was insulting herself and degrading herself, she pulled something out of me. I gave her what she wanted; I gave her praise and affection, then I accepted her back into my life without an apology. She used this tactic with me many times.

Her and I got back together a few months after I fell in love with Red. She knew exactly how I was feeling but she claimed "I needed someone to love me". She wanted to love me, but I couldn't love her.

Mistake number three: I took her back three times and each time she guilt tripped me. Never take someone back if they are being a mock-up, it will follow you around. Trust me.

Let me give you an example of her using this tactic: there was a large school event that both of us were required to go to. As I walked in I saw Audrey with him. Please note, her and I were supposedly friends at this time.

I heard the whole conversation, it went like this:

Audrey "I'm so disgusted by April. I can't even be associated with her anymore."

Him "I haven't talked to her in months."

Audrey "When are you going to expose her for what she did?"

Him "Expose her? For what? She didn't do anything also, there's no point, the school year is almost over."

By the time I heard this I was backing away. I turned around, there was Taylor, she heard everything too. She grabbed my arm and dragged me away from them. Thoughts were racing around my head, I was such a fool. How could I possibly do this to myself again? I trusted her. I'm grateful I found out before I got too attached to her.

I confronted her and once again and she made herself the victim, she told me that it didn't seem like I wanted her in my life. I once again, fell into another hole in my emotions. I explained to her that she would never be a mistake in my life. To be honest, I have made many mistakes but I didn't think she would be one. I'm starting to think she was.

Everyone is a danger to you. Anyone is capable of doing this. I agree, even I am capable of being like this. Be cautious with your love, be cautious with your trust. Please, I beg of you, do not supply anyone with your emotions.