5 - The Jail bait

Adam

Adam sent a text to Amanda on Friday afternoon. Hey, do you like baseball?

Red Sox?

Yes, tomorrow's game?

She replied. Yes!

He smiled. Most everyone in Boston enjoyed a trip to Fenway even if it was to people watch. The tickets were from a client and the seats were right behind home plate. They were so close he would probably be on the TV. He'd have to tell Jack to look for him, Ryan, too.

He smiled when he picked Amanda up and she was wearing a tight Sox shirt that was short enough to show her belly button. He had to drag his eyes away from her appealingly flat abs. She bounced down the steps. "So you're a Sox fan?"

"Yeah, I used to watch the games as a kid with my dad. We've been to a few games since I moved to Boston."

"So you and your dad are close?"

"We're getting there, but it's a long story."

"Maybe later." She intrigued him. He had an Uber waiting, and they sat awkward in the backseat as the car made its way through the snarled game-day traffic on Brookline Ave.

"How was the rest of your week?" He attempted to make small talk.

"Fine. I like my job, but I'm not passionate about it."

She licked her bottom lip and drew his eyes to their full redness which reminded him of their kiss. "What are you passionate about?"

She tilted her head as if studying him. "I was going to show you the other night, but you were too tired."

The impact of her words sent the blood in his body rushing to one spot. She was bold - bolder than he was used to. Perhaps this was the way the younger woman acted these days. He liked it but was wary she was too easy. Never had he worried that a girl was too easy, was he sick or something?

They arrived at the park and as he followed her to the entrance gate, he lightly brushed the bare skin on her smooth back. It would be an interesting afternoon. Good thing his lap wouldn't be on TV, because he would likely be hard, as a teenager the whole game.

Adam was pleased she followed the game. They had to lean in to hear one another in the roaring crowd. More than once he felt her hot breath on his neck included the feel of the tip of her tongue touching his skin. He started licking and kissing her neck while she leaned closer to him or at least as much as their seats would allow. The vibration of his phone in his pocket interrupted his exploration of her neck.

It was a text from Jack. Having fun! I can see you!

He replied. Jealous?

No, I have Mads. Is she Rory's age?

Adam didn't smile at the last text. NO! Bye.

Amanda was watching him. "My business partner, he saw us on TV."

"Should we wave to him?" She teased. "Actually, I should wave to my dad, he's probably watching."

In the bottom of the seventh, the Sox scored putting them ahead by three runs. When the crowd erupted, Amanda jumped up and down before wrapping both arms around Adam. Out of excitement, his mouth sought hers and in the surrounding chaos, they lost themselves in the taste of one another. Breathless when they broke apart, he smiled down at her and thought he was a very lucky man.

At the end of the game, Adam put his arm around her. "Do you want to get a drink? It's a little early for dinner."

She smiled. "We can always get takeout at your place."