Chapter 13

“God John, it’s past curfew, what were you two possibly doing?” Sara asked.
“There was a girl, unconscious, on the floor near Madam Hooch’s office and writing on the wall, written in blood, The Chamber of Secrets has been opened, enemies of the heir, beware.” John repeated, sinking in an available armchair near the fire.
“Oh my god, what does that mean?” Greg asked.
“I have no idea.” John admitted.
“Here we were thinking you to were kissing.” Mike laughed.
“No, this was a little worse.” John admitted.
“Do you know who it was?”
“No, some girl, Sherlock said she was one of the girls who asked him out.”
“So it was probably some jealous girl then, trying to illuminate the competition.” Greg said. “You didn’t do it did you?”
“No! Why would I do that?”
“Haven’t the faintest.” Sara said sarcastically.
“I wouldn’t do that!” John added.
“What’s the Chamber of Secrets?” Mike asked.
“Probably a Chamber that has Secrets in it.”
“Well, if it’s been opened, if it has good secrets we should try to find it!” Greg suggested.
“The teachers looked terrified, and some girl is paralyzed because of it, so it couldn’t be good.” John decided.
“Maybe Holmes could tell us what it is.” Mike said hopefully.
“Ya, maybe.” John said.
“What does Enemies of the Heir mean?” Sara asked.
“Well, they have to beware, so probably there is someone around here that is attacking his enemies by paralyzing them, somehow using the Chamber of Secrets.” Greg suggested.
“Do you think we’re enemies of the heir?”
“It depends who it is.”
“I hope it’s someone who likes us.” Mike said.
“So, it’s the weekend tomorrow, have any plans with Sherlock?” Sara asked.
“How do we go from school catastrophe to me so quickly?”
“Well, it’s a lot more interesting considering it’s pretty much forbidden, a forbidden love, you should write a book.” Sara suggested.
“All you people are crazy.”
“Do you have plans?” Greg asked.
“No, I don’t.”
“Do you want to make some?” Mike added.
“I don’t know, maybe, we should do something together though, so far we haven’t had much time to do fun stuff.” John suggested. 
“What fun is there?”
“We could fly around the castle; go swimming in the lake maybe?” John suggested.
“I don’t think we’re allowed to swim in the lake, there’s grindylow and merpeople, not to mention the giant squid.” Greg pointed out.
“Well what do you recommend?”
“Maybe the five of us could go into the forbidden forest.” Sara suggested.
“Five?”
“Sherlock should come to!”
“Like you guys want to take a professor to the forbidden forest.” John laughed.
“He doesn’t seem the type to follow rules.”
“No forbidden forest.”
“You two should take a rowboat out.” Mike joked.
“And you three will be singing Kiss the Boy around the boat with all the friendly talking fish.” John groaned.
“Or we could research the Chamber of Secrets before the whole school tries to fit in the library.” Greg suggested.
“That’s a good idea.” John agreed.
“Sherlock would probably know all the books to look in.” Sara agreed.
“Maybe.” John agreed.
“I wonder how that girl is doing.” Mike said.
“Probably not too good, being paralyzed and all.” John guessed.
“Was Snape there?”
“Yes, he was asking why Sherlock was helping with the quidditch trunk, he’s super suspicious.”
“Do you think he suspects something is going on between you two?” Greg asked nervously.
“Not yet, but he’s getting there definitely.”
“What do you think he’ll do?”
“Go straight to Dumbledore, he obviously wants Sherlock to be fired.” John said.
“Why would he go to Dumbledore, he wouldn’t have any proof.”
“I didn’t say he went yet!”
“What proof could he possibly get?” Sara asked.
“I don’t know, as long as it’s not a picture.” John said, shuttering at the thought.
“Ya, pictures move remember, that’s super creepy.”
“And I don’t fancy a picture of me and Sherlock kissing in Snape’s position.” John decided.
“So you have kissed?” Sara said hopefully.
“No.”
“You mean not yet.” Greg corrected. John rolled his eyes.
“I can just imagine Snape stalking you two with a camera.” Mike said, laughing quietly.
“That is not funny, that is so creepy!” John exclaimed.
“It’s kind of funny.” Sara admitted.
“No it’s not.”
“I seeeee youuuu!” Greg laughed, pretending to snap an invisible camera. Mike and Sara both laughed, and John cracked a smile, but that was still super creepy.
“What do you think Dumbledore would do?” John asked.
“No idea, first yell at Snape for stalking students, then call you guys up.”
“Do you think Sherlock would lose his job?”
“Is it even a job, I mean, is he paid or anything?”
“I don’t know, but he might, our only defense is that he graduated last year.” John said.
“That’s not much of a defense. In the muggle world something like that makes the news and they get arrested.” Sara said.
“Well this isn’t muggle world, and those are usually age differences like, thirty years, he’s only eighteen.”
“Really?”
“Well, I’m guessing, eighteen or nineteen, and I’m seventeen, so I don’t see why not.”
“That’s a weird thought, we have a teacher only a year older than us.” Mike decided.
“Even weirder he was in school when we were and we never even noticed him.” John said.
“Why would we notice someone like him, especially an older kid?”
“Well he said that he was in the library a lot, he said he was bullied a lot.”
“Did he say what house?”
“Ravenclaw.”
“That’s a shock.” Greg said.
“What do you mean by that?”
“Well Ravenclaw is filled with all of the smart people.”
“At least you have confidence in our house.” Sara said.
“I do, it’s just, they are obviously the smartest houses, I mean seriously, he has to be better at potions than Snape.”
“True, but Snape was Slytherin, everyone knows that.” Mike pointed out.
“I didn’t know that.” Sara said.
“Well I did, because he’s the head of house.”
“True.”
“Do head of houses stalk people?” John asked.
“Apparently.”
“Wait, you actually think he is stalking me?”
“No, but he might start.” Mike pointed out.
“What do you think Sherlock would do if that happened?” John asked.
“Claim there was polyjuice potion involved.” Greg laughed.
“That’s even creepier.”
“But really, what would he do?” Mike asked.
“I think he’d have to do the talking because I’d pass out from embarrassment.” John admitted.
“I would too if I was in your place.” Sara admitted.
“But still, at least with you it wouldn’t be gay.”
“You say it like it’s a bad thing.”
“Well, it’s a bit more awkward.” John said.
“There’s a rumor that Dumbledore was gay when he was younger.” Greg said.
“Who told you that?”
“I don’t know, someone.”
“That clears it up, do you believe it?”
“I don’t know, maybe.”
“He kind of seems the type.” Sara shrugged.
“Did I seem the type if you’re such an expert?”
“No, you didn’t.”
“Did Sherlock?”
“Well, no.”
“You’re good at this Sara.”
“Whatever.” She rolled her eyes. John looked around the common room, noticing that there were maybe one or two people sticking around.
“How late is it?” John asked.
“I don’t know, probably really late.” Greg shrugged.
“I better get to bed then, I’m exhausted.” John decided, saying goodnight and walking up to the dorms. Rory and Sam were already asleep so he silently changed into his pajamas and climbed into bed, falling asleep easily since it was too late.

                When morning came he must have slept in, because Rory and Sam were gone, but Mike and Greg were still there. He climbed out of bed and tried to be as silent as possible, changing into his robes and creeping down the steps. The common room was empty; everyone must have been at breakfast, so he sat in the armchair and read Quidditch through the Ages until Greg and Mike came down the stairs. Sara must have left already, so they walked down to breakfast together. The Great Hall was full of students and professors, all looking forward to the weekend. John immediately looked for Sherlock, who was present again, not eating a bite of food again, but watching for John. They smiled at each other from across the hall, but this time the girls didn’t start to giggle, they looked somber and depressed. Then John realized who was missing, the blonde girl, the one who had been paralyzed, had been the one to giggle, claiming he had smiled at her. She must have been their friend. John frowned, but forgot about it as he sat down next to Sara, who had gone down first.
“You three slept in, Sherlock was down here looking for you John.” Sara said with a smile. “All of the girls were looking so excited as he walked down here, and looked like they hated me forever when he started to talk to me.”
“The paralyzed blonde girl, she was one of them, she was a Gryffindor.” John sighed.
“Oh, that sucks. But Sherlock wants to meet us, all of us, at the library to look up the Chamber of Secrets, he seems as curious as us.” Sara said.
“So now we’re all his friends?” Mike asked.
“I guess so.” Sara shrugged. “I don’t mind much though.” She smiled guiltily.
“Well, I doubt he had many friends in his school years, so I think it’s good that he has a couple.” John said.
“What makes you think he didn’t have any friends?” Greg asked.
“He said he stayed in the library to avoid bullies, he didn’t go in public much.”
“Oh, well, I don’t think much has changed.” Mike decided. After breakfast they headed to the library where Madam Pince was glaring suspiciously at them. She seems to think all students are going to rip the books apart or something, especially the older kids. Sherlock was sitting in the back by himself, feet on the table and reading a book by the stained glass windows. He looked so natural there, as if it was his home. John felt his heart beat faster, as it always did when he was around.