Aftermath

“This is your Sunshine speaking,” he said with weak cheerfulness,” mission accomplished, Snow White is out cold. We’ll head back in 10.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kaneki’s eyes shot open and he flew forward looking around him. He was back in the Quinjet and he’d been propped up in the seat. Still looking around frantically, he recalled what had happened. He tensed when he felt a hand touch his shoulder. Kaneki turned and looked to see the Captain and the once colorful agent staring at him empathically.

“Are you ok, Do you remember what happened?” Cap asked apprehensively.

Kaneki still confused slowly replied staring up at them and swiping at his chin.
“..no, not really...”

It was a lie. He remembered every detail of what had happened. Kaneki shook off the bloodied agents hand from his shoulder and sat up sighing.

He glanced again at the two of them, Kaneki noted that Cap looked apprehensive and nervous but was trying to hide it; The agent beside him stared at Kaneki with knowing eyes that made him anxious. It was like those eyes could see straight through him.

Kaneki turned his head away, trying to ignore the tension and the occasional stolen glances.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they landed, the coffee eyed agent set off in search of Nick Fury. Walking in Fury's general direction, he started thinking over the new memories he'd found.

I have a feeling, that this is gonna be a loooonnngggg day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that this chapter is so short 😬

Finals are coming up so I'd almost forgotten about this book,

I'll try and update again soon 😫🙃

Byee~