22 - Snack time

Thirdy does not want to make a bad impression from Althea's parents especially her daddy. Therefore despite being awkward he accepted their invitation to join them for a snack. Laura cooked baked macaroni for their snack. Thirdy could not help but miss his Mom Dei as his mother also makes excellent pasta dishes.

"Have a seat Thirdy, I hope you like my version of baked macaroni. Your grandfather brags about your Mom's pasta dishes, I hope this dish gets close to hers." Laura said.

"They look mouthwatering Tita Laura, I'm sure this is as delicious as how my Mom cooks it. Bigla ko po tuloy syang na-miss." Thirdy said while he takes the seat beside Vino and facing Althea.

"That's so sweet hijo." Laura commented while Victor is observing silently.

"Who is he Mommy?" Nathan asked.

"His name is Thirdy. He is Ate Althea and Kuya Vino's friend." Laura replied.

"He is my senior who is assigned to teach me soccer, Nathan." Vino seconded and Nathan eyes widen and sweetly smiles at Thirdy.

"Really, Kuya? Hello Thirdy, my name is Nathan. Can you teach me soccer too?" Nathan asked.

"Hi Nathan, I am glad to meeting you, and of course, I would love to teach you soccer, like your Kuya Vino." Thirdy replied.

"Nathan, he is of the same age as Ate Althea, so you should call him Kuya Thirdy, to show courtesy." Laura said while Victor discreetly took a deep breath as he is not comfortable that Nathan will address their guest as 'Kuya'.

"Do you know Kuya Anthony too? He is into soccer like Kuya Vino." Lauren asked

"Yes, I used to train him too but, since he holds different position in the team, our coach assigned another senior to train him." Thirdy replied.

"Pareho kayo ni Kuya Vino na goalkeeper?" Lauren asked.

"Yes we are, and since I am being trained by one of the best goalkeepers in our school, I will be like him someday." Vino replied.

"That's cool." Lauren said.

"When are you going to teach me soccer, Kuya Thirdy?" Nathan asked.

"I can teach you whenever you like Nathan." Thirdy replied and he gets a sweet smile from the youngest son of Victor and Laura.

"What are you doing here?" Carrie then asked and Victor could not help but smile as he feels that at least one of his children is on his side.

"He helps us fix the broken laptop of Ate Althea, do you have problem with that Carrie?" Vino replied.

"I don't have problem with that Kuya Vino, but isn't he supposed to be with his daddy and mommy too?" Carrie asked and Thirdy smiles at her.

"My Dad and my Mom lives in Cebu. That's almost a thousand kilometers from here." Thirdy replied.

"You are not living with them? Don't they like you?" Carrie continued asking.

"Carrie, you are not supposed to say that." Althea said.

And, Thirdy cheerfully replied to Carrie, "It is not that, I choose to study here in Manila, so I have to live away from them." Thirdy replied.

"Sino ang nagdecide na dito ka mag-aral sa Manila?" Victor asked

"When my grandfather decided to settle here in Manila, nag-request po ako kay Daddy na payagan nya akong dito mag-aral sa Manila para may kasama ang Lolo ko." Thirdy replied.