27 - Willing to Wait

Victor could not speak for a while after Santino reveals his intention on pursuing Althea. He could not believe that this young man he is talking with has the guts to ask him straight about permitting him to pursue his daughter.

The intention of this talk is to further assess the son of Carlos and Beatrice who claims interest to his daughter Althea. He never expected that this young man will be this straightforward and he commends him for that attitude.

But at the back of his mind he still believes that the admirable behavior should not warrant Santino Concio's intent of pursuing their precious Althea.

"I have to commend you for your courage in asking my permission on pursing Althea, but I believe that my daughter is still young for that kind of stuff. You can get back to me once she finishes her high school, we can start talking about your intention until then" Victor said.

"I understand sir, I'm sure to get back to you after two years. I am serious about my intention to your daughter and I am willing to wait until you allow me in pursuing her." Santino said.

"Good to hear that. Let's see if you will have the statement after two years." Victor said.

"I certainly will, sir." Santino firmly replied.

"For the meantime, I will not stop Althea from being friends with whoever she wants. If she decided to be friends with you, it is fine with me basta bawal pang ligawan ang anak ko." Victor uttered.

"I believe that a lasting relationship oftentimes started with being good friends." Santino said.

Victor could not believe that he is hearing such words from a seventeen year old young man. Admiration is starting to build up in him for the eldest heir of TSU Bar and Restaurant. He hopes that their conversation is not entirely for a show, as if putting his best foot forward for a good impression.

The group finishes their work before six in the evening. Santino volunteered to bring home Therese and Bria while Thirdy left with his club-mates.

"Kung ikaw si Althea, sino ang pipiliin mo?" Laura asked Victor while they are waiting for their dinner.

"Both boys has good breeding, both are good talker though they have different point of views. Santino is so firm. This early, everything is well planned and by the way he conversed earlier, lumabas na mas may breeding pa sya kesa sa tatay nya. I just hope sincere sya sa maga sinasabi nya sa akin." Victor commented.

"Why, don't you find him sincere?" Laura asked.

"I don't know Ri, after nung mga sinabi ni Carlos, I started to keep my eyes on his family, dagdag pa na nag-uumpisa na silang maging close kay Althea. Ewan ko ba, hindi ko maiwasang pagdudahan sila. But, I decided to give Santino the benefit of the doubt, kaya pumayag akong maging kaibigan sya ni Althea. I just hope, wala silang hindi magandang agenda kay sa anak ko, because if that happens, I'll make sure na hindi na sila makakalapit sa kahit na sino pa sa pamilya ko." Victor said.

"How about Thirdy?" Laura asked.

"Thirdy is warm, no wonder the girls prefers him more than Santino. I also find him polite and sincere in everything that he says. Pero parang sobrang labo ng gusto nyang mangyari sa buhay nya. Santino is only a year older than him, but mas may sense kausap si Santino, kapag future na ang pag-uusapan." Victor replied.

"Mukhang na kay Santino ang boto mo ah." Laura teased.

"Wala akong boto, I just tell you my impression with the boys. Si Althea naman ang magde-decide nyan, hindi ako ang mamimili para sa kanya, Besides, she is only sixteen, marami pa syang makikilala na better pa kesa kay Thirdy at Santino." Victor said.