44 - Grounded

A few days after Althea's social media accounts remains unaccessible. Therefore, she used her time to work on her art works which she realized, she has been neglecting for a long time.

She was busy on her art piece when someone knocks at her door. She smiles widely seeing the one entering her art room. "Daddy, welcome back." She greeted and swiftly gave Victor a tight hug. "I missed you." she said.

"I missed you too, baby." Victor said.

"Sabi ni Mommy, mamayang gabi ka pa darating from Ilo-ilo. Bakit nandito ka na agad this early?" she asked.

"Sobrang ko na kasi kayong na-miss, that's why I took the earlier flight home." Victor replied.

"I'm glad you are home, Daddy." Althea said and hugs Victor tighter.

"A little birdie told me that someone is grounded for two weeks." Victor said.

Althea loosen up her hug to Victor and returned to doing her art piece. "That's me, Daddy." She replied.

"Are you alright?" Victor asked.

"Yes I am, hindi naman affected ang studies ko eh, kasi open naman yung mga sites na kailangan ko for school. Yung social media accounts ko lang talaga ang hindi as well as my smart phone was confiscated." Althea replied.

"At least kahit old model ang phone mo, your friends can still communicate with you." Victor said.

"Yes , Daddy. Also, on the otherhand, advantage na rin po, kasi I have more time to work on these art pieces. I did not realized how much I neclegted my paintings." Althea said.

"But your mood is reflected on your art works. Katulad nyang mga ginagawa mo, sobrang lungkot. It only means you are sad while working on that art piece." Victor said. "Tell me honestly, nagtatampo ka ba sa Mommy mo?" He then asked.

"I am not, kahit kailan po hindi ako magtatampo kay Mommy. I break the house rule therefore I should be punished. We talked about it and I understand her decision." Althea replied.

"Then why are you sad, baby?" Victor asked.

"I am just disappointed at myself. I would like to be a role model to my siblings and yet I was the one breaking the house rules not only once but several times." Althea said.

"How many times will I tell that it is fine to make mistakes." Victor said.

"Yeah, but Mom always said that it is not fine to commit the same mistake. It would only mean that I did not learn my lesson from that mistake." Althea said.

"Exactly, baby. That is why you are being punished to know the consequences of committing the mistake." Victor said.

"Pero first offense pa lang naman yung hindi ko pag-paalam sa kanya na mag-snack muna kami nila Thirdy at Rebecca. Why am I being punished?" Althea asked.

"I was the one who told your Mommy about your punishment." Victor revealed.

"That was my first offense." Althea said.