67 - He is Her Friend

While Victor and Laura are discussing about Lauren, Santino and her sister Emilia are with Althea in her art room.  Emilia asked Althea’s help for an art work she intended  to gift for their grandmother.

I hope you don’t mind na inistorbo ka pa ni Emilia.” Santino said.

Althea smiles at him and replied. “It’s alright, infact I am happy na itinutuloy ni Emilia and pag gawa ng art works.  She has improved a lot, konting guidance na lang yung ibinibigay ko sa kanya.”

“And I also hope you don’t mind me staying here while I wait for my sister.” Santino uttered.

“I don’t mind at all.  Medyo matagal na rin tayong hindi nakakapagkwentuhan eh.  It was on Eloisa’s birthday nung huli tayong nagkita.” Althea said.

“And in that event was where the issue started.  To tell you honestly, nagprisinta talaga akong sumundo kay Emilia dito so I could check on you.” Santino said. 

“Check on me?  I am fine Santino, you don’t need to check on me.  Besides nandito ako sa bahay namin therefore impossibleng may mangyaring masama sa akin dito.” Althea said.

“I mean, gusto kong malaman how are you after what happened.  From the malicious rumours up to that locking-up incident.” Santino said.

“Okay na ako Santino, that was days ago and I already moved-on.” Althea said.

“I was so mad when I heard about the rumours, Althea Marie.  Do you know I immediately texted Marga and told her to stop spreading rumours about you. And I’m glad na nakinig si Marga sa akin, because the evening after I texted her, nag post sya ng apology sa iyo for spreading malicious rumour about you and Thirdy.” He added.

“You don’t need to do that, Santino. But thank you for your effort. I did not know you exerted an effort to stop that gossip.” Althea politely said despite knowing that it was Thirdy who made Marga do the apology post.

“Kahit hindi tayo laging nagkikita, Althea.  I always make sure na maaalagaan kita.  That’s how much I like you.” Santino said.

“Thank you for liking me then.” Althea said.

“You know, everytime na maiisip ko yung nangyari sa iyo, I can’t stop blaming myself.  Dapat talaga sinamahan na lang kita nung gabing yun eh para kung may nakakita man sa ating tatlo, people would think na third wheel lang natin si Thirdy.  Kung anu-ano tuloy ang inisip nila Marga about you and him.  But don’t worry,  I know you and Thirdy are only friends.” Santino said.

“Yes we are just friends.” Althea said.

“And I think you have to be extra careful when you are with him.”  Santino said.

“What made you say that?” Althea asked as her annoyance to Santino started to soar high.

“Look, everytime na lang na kasama mo yang si Thirdy, lagi ka na lang napapahamak.  Like what happened nung birthday ni Eloisa, kayo ni Thirdy ang magkasama kaya kung anu-ano tuloy ang nasabi nila Marga.  Then you were also with him when you got locked-up in the storage room.  He bring  nothing but bad vibes to you. To the point of putting your life in danger.” Santino uttered.

“I’m sorry to disagree, Santino.  I think I was the one who brings bad vibes to Thirdy, and I was the one who put his life in danger.  First, kung hindi nya ako kasama sa garden, walang bibigyan ng malisya sila Marga.  And about that locking-up incident, kung hindi ako nagpunta sa storage room wala sanang locking-up incident at hindi na rin sana nadamay si Thirdy which puts his life in danger.” Althea said.

“I hope you don’t mind me asking, what happened to you and Thirdy while you were inside that storage room?” Santino asked.

“Why do I feel offended on that inquiry, Santino?  Are you insinuating that something malicious happened to me and Thirdy when we were locked-up in that storage room?” Althea asked.

“I’m sorry if you find my question offensive.  Ang gusto ko lang namang malaman kung wala ba syang ginawang masama sa iyo.  Baka natatakot ka lang magsabi, you can tell me akong bahala dyan kay Thirdy.” Santino bragged.

“It’s too late to be my knight in shinning armour, Santino.  And Thirdy is not what you think he is.  He was a complete gentleman when we got locked-up in the storage room, I was so afraid and he was there to comfort me and ensure me that everything will be alright.” Althea uttered. 

“Althea, I’m sorry, please wag kang magalit sa akin.  I only say that because I want you to know that I will always be here to protect you.” Santino said.

“I’m sorry if I will not believe you, Santino.  Because if you really want to protect me like what you are claiming, how come hindi ko man lang naramdaman ang presensya mo when that nasty rumour started until the locking-up incident?  You weren’t there, Santino. Therefore you cannot claim that you will always protect me.” Althea straightly said. “And I will appreciate if you stop talking bad about Thirdy.  He is not that kind of guy.  He is my friend and I want you to know that I get offended everytime I hear someone says malicious things about any of my friends.” She further said and Santino got mum for a while because of Althea’s straightforwardness.

“Friend lang ba talaga kayo ni Thirdy?  The way you speak now parang hindi kayo friends lang.  Remember Althea, your daddy said that you are not yet allowed to accept suitors until you finish your senior high school, at lalo namang hindi ka pwedeng magkaboyfriend.” Santino said.

“Was that what my Dad told you?” Althea asked.

“Yes, that is our agreement when I talked to him about my intention to pursue you.  That’s why I am here patiently waiting until your Dad allows me na ligawan ka.” Santino said.

“I don’t think my Dad will go into that kind of agreement.  For your information, Santino,  accepting suitors before I completed my senior high school is one of the house rules.  It does not apply to me alone but to my siblings as well.  Therefore, my Dad did not get into an agreement with you.  He was just telling you one of our house rules. Itigil mo yang ilusyon mo na naka-reserve na ako sa iyo.” Althea said.

“That’s not what I want to imply.” Santino objected.

“Come on, Santino, do you think I did not get it? That’s how you want me to understand it.” Althea said.

"However you want to take it Althea, just be reminded na hindi ka pa pwedeng magpaligaw kay Thirdy." Santino uttered.

"Thank you for the reminder, Santino but that is not necessary because it is none of your business if I prefer to break our house rules or not. It is also none of your business if I go against my Dad at magpaligaw ako kay Thirdy. For your information, I already broke several rules and I don't mind breaking some more again." Althea straightly said.

**********************
Ang angas mo kasi Santino eh, Ayan tuloy, hindi ka pa nag-uumpisang manligaw, basted ka na agad. 🤨🤨🤨🤨.

Alam ko maiksi pero di ba mas ok nang maiksi kesa waley update 😊✌😉.

Pagpasensyahan nyo na ang wrong spelling at grammar, maitatama ko rin yan kapag may panahon na ako. 😁😙😜.  

Let me know what you think of the update guys and thank you guys for the reads and votes 😘😊😘😊😘😊.