Chapter Eight: GIVE HIM HIS PHONE BACK

Chapter 8: GIVE HIM HIS PHONE BACK

Mitch's POV (woah what)

“Hello?” the person asks. That's not Ty.

“Hi, I'm Mitch. W-Who is this?” I ask shakily.

“This is Quentin, you idiot. Calm down, you sound like you're talking to a murderer.” Oh. Quentin. Good, not a kidnapper.

At least, he wasn't the last time I checked.

“Why do you have Ty's phone?” I ask.

“Well, Jocelyn had it first. She was trying to text Sky something stupid to make her think Ty was breaking up with her.”

“I think they already broke it off somehow, considering Sky is cuddling up to Jason and he's comforting her.”

“What!? Oh, butts, I missed all the drama! Why do I always miss all the drama?” Quentin groans. Suddenly, there's a scuffling sound. “No! You crazy lady, just leave Ty and Sky alo-” He hands up on me.

A few seconds later, Sky's phone buzzes. She pulls it out and glances at the screen before sniffling and shoving the phone into Jason's hands. “Hey Sky, just wanna apologize for ever believing you were worth even a second of my time. You're an ugly, moronic, sorry excuse for a girlfriend, which is why I'm breaking up with you. Love, Ty,” Jason reads. Sky is crying again, and I can practically see the steam rising out of Jason's ears.

“Woah, calm down, guys,” I say quickly. “It's from Jocelyn. That was Quentin on the phone, and he said Jocelyn was trying to text Sky something to make Sky and Ty break up.”

Sky nods and closes her eyes. I'm not sure if she believes me or not. “I-It's okay. We already sort of broke up, anyways.”

I call Ty's number again. “Hello?” a girl answers.

“GIVE TY HIS PHONE BACK,” I demand.

She shrieks. “Ack! Calm down! Who even is this?”

“Mitch, Ty's close friend! And who are you!?”

“Jocelyn, Ty's girlfriend!”

“Uh-huh, since when?”

“Since a few seconds ago when he asked me out!” she replies. Oh, snap, now I'm kind of regretting putting this on speakerphone as soon as she first said 'hello.'

“He what?” Sky cries.

“Yeah, we're gonna go to Fazoli's tonight at eight!” Jocelyn cheers.

“I never agreed to that!” a boy's voice comes faintly through the phone. “Notch dang it, Jocelyn, give me my phone back!”